Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Europe Recommendations and Raves

static

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: September 3rd, 2007
Who are you thanking?

Holiday Ray

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 5th, 2007
I travel to our place in the South West of France a lot and always find the cheapest flights to many destinations on http:www.skyscanner.net. It's a very user friendly website and shows prices in a very convenient bar graph type format

myblog
Our Place In France

Katie Stetzenbach

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 12th, 2007
I went all over Europe this summer, but I am awesome time while I was in Austria and stay in the cheapest, cutest place. I went to Hopfgarten in July and it was so perfect. The town was so small and safe, but still a ton of fun! I stayed in this dorm style hotel thing. It wasn't a hostel, but it was cheap and low key. It's pretty much the only place to stay in Hopfgarten, so if your ever there with a tour or whatever you should check it out!

Craze_b0i

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 17th, 2007
As a local resident here's a few tips for South West England:

Bristol: We get almost zero tourists here compared to neighbouring Bath which is just 15 minutes away. Head uphill to Clifton and check the fine views from the little-known Cabot's Tower, and the mighty Clifton Suspension Bridge.

Bath: Famous for its fine streets and architecture which draws in thousands of tourists. But check out the amazing miniture-golf course, complete with running streams and bridges! Surely the best mini-golf in England.

Avebury: An ancient site dating from the same period as stonehenge. The downside to stonehenge is that it's always crowded and the stones are fence off. At Avebury you can actually walk among the stones, and enjoy a taste of the english countryside.

Tintagel: If you make it as far down as Cornwall, don't miss this ruined castle on a high peninsula of rock. It offers fine views of the coastline.
"Let's see if we can enjoy this recession. i enjoyed most of the previous ones."
- Zoomcharlieb.

my travel website

Reisewuermchen

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 18th, 2007
As being an active traeveller I have quite a few suggestions concerning accommodation in all the major European cities.
For example: Hotel Paris Hotel Paris
Hotel Berlin Hotel Berlin

If you browse a little you'll find more cities. It's a really good page as they have great offers and everything is put up in different languages also.

Have fun.

Andalucian Traveller

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 5th, 2007
Here are some useful links for the Andalucia region of Spain.

visitcostadelsol.com - Official tourist information website for the Costa del Sol.
turismodegranada.org - Official tourist information for the province of Granada.
turismosevilla.org - Official tourist information for the province of Sevilla.
ctsa-portillo.es - Buses for the Costa del Sol including Malaga, Marbella and Ronda.
www.alsinagraells.es - Buses throughout Andalucia.
Solsearch - featuring the resorts of Benalmadena, Fuengirola and Torremolinos.

White Knight

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 14th, 2007
I loved my childhood devon holidays, not just for its cream teas and beautiful scenery, but because it has lots of rock climbing, beautiful nature and some of the best pubs in the country. There are tons of places to go and its a bit less busy than the tart of Cornwall to the south.

Craze_b0i

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 18th, 2008
Found this great travel site detailing a whole list of interesting places in Europe. So I just thought I'd share the link:

http://www.tompgalvin.com/index.html
"Let's see if we can enjoy this recession. i enjoyed most of the previous ones."
- Zoomcharlieb.

my travel website

Holiday Ray

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 18th, 2008
Craze_b0i
Where would you recommend staying in Bristol

Our Place In France
our new build Blog

Holiday Ray

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 10th, 2008
I always use Skyscanner to find the best deals on flights around europe. It allows you to view a bar graph which displays a whole month of flights and prices without having to retype your request.
Hope this helps someone.

thenomad

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 5th, 2008
As far as sights to see, I really enjoyed the following while I was in the Netherlands this past March:

1) Rijksmuseum - Amsterdam
A little bit touristy, but if you want to see one of the
world's top-tier collections of art, this is a safe bet.
As I write this the renovation should be complete; I hear
the inside will be beautiful.

2) Erasmusbrug - Rotterdam
The Erasmusbrug bridge is a marvel of architectural
engineering, but the rest of Rotterdam is just as
interesting.

3) Keukenhof - Lisse
If you are into photography and flowers, this is the
place to go! Occurs annually every April.

There are many others that I may add later on...

korvits

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 13th, 2008
I can recommend you all to visit Estonia. It is a country which have both - beautiful nature and interesting history.
Links: http://www.all-about-estonia.com
http://www.visitestonia.com

nevergoinghome

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 4th, 2008
Must visit Barcelona spain. there is a really good Hostel called Kabul Hostel.

also around the corner a shot bar... any shot 1 to 3 euro

pcardenas

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 6th, 2008
If you ever go to Finland, make sure to catch a show at the TAVASTIA. AMAZING!!!

Giacomofra

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 20th, 2008
If you happen to be in London this week don't miss the exhibition on the Canary Islands at the Emirates stadium! it really is a brilliant experience, lots of activities that suit all ages, massages, free smoothies, and stuff to do that recreates life on the islands. the hang glider flying simultor is awesome! check it out on
www.stadiumsofhappiness.com
I loved it....

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Travel