Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in London with a 12-hour layover.

Europe Warnings

karen121

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: November 1st, 2010
Practice the same safty with your money as you do when you are at home. Im not sure that those beige travel money pouches that go around the waist or on a string arount the neck are the best idea. Think about it would you ever use one at home? in my eyes they simply advertise "im a tourist, im unsure of my surroundings and I have valuable documents/lots of money in this pouch."
One thing i would recommend (although it mightn't go with everyones style) is those chains that you can clip your wallet onto and then clip the other end to your belt. And never put your wallet in your back pocket.

Trebuchet

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 3rd, 2010
karen121 wrote:Practice the same safty with your money as you do when you are at home. Im not sure that those beige travel money pouches that go around the waist or on a string arount the neck are the best idea. Think about it would you ever use one at home? in my eyes they simply advertise "im a tourist, im unsure of my surroundings and I have valuable documents/lots of money in this pouch."

Used correctly, no one but you ever sees the pouch.

It's not for use as an everyday purse or wallet. You go somewhere private to access it, and just keep the day's pesos or whatever in a secure pocket.

Erika Ayala

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 13th, 2011
When you're in France, specifically in Paris, never ever leave your bike anywhere. Let's say you'll be buying bread and you decide to park your bike outside the store. Make sure you have a rope or any tool that will secure your bike. Most locals target foreigners to be their victims.
If you feel like you don't look like them, stay on the alert all the time. Don't trust anyone but still have fun!

You don't want to put your Paris vacation at risk, right? :) What's important, wherever you are, don't act naive and act smart. When they see you look innocent and naive, they will most likely make you as your target.

Thus, don't be fooled by fools! :)
It's for the Kids!! Support Adopt A School

Peter Lee

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 24th, 2011
I have found some really good information about Europe here. Thanks for the post! Well Europe is an expensive place to visit. Before planning to go to Europe one must have enough amount of money!

Previous

Return to Europe Travel