Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Exchange money b4 leaving or in Bali?

Knackers

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 10th, 2010
Hi all,
we are going to Bali in May, I am thinking of getting a few hundred dollars changed here on the Gold Coast b4 we go & then get some converted over there.
I never convert money in the hotels....cos they are rippoffs!

does anyone have a good exchange place in Kuta or Seminyak???

thanks

baliexpat

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 15th, 2010
It depends on what rate you can get in Australia. I would suspect you get a better rate in Bali. It is handy to have some rupiah when you arrive to pay for the taxi ride to your hotel. There are money changers everywhere. Be sure to count and check your money before you leave the shop.

cocomoco

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 21st, 2010
I agree, it's always convenient to have some rupiahs on you when you arrive so dont have to look for a money changer once you arrive.

As for me I always use the ATM's. To be on the safe side I usually use the ones that are in the bank building so I'm sure they are not tampered with.

Rates at moneychangers are better than at the hotel, but be careful when you get your money back because Rupiahs include a lot of zeros. Rp. 10000 and Rp. 100000 look almost the same when the money changer shows you the display of his calculater very fast.

Return to Bali Travel Forum