Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Tower Bridge... There's no shortage of things to do and see in London!

Family Travel - London - Spring Break 2010

La Sirene

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: September 9th, 2009
Hi all,

Plans are to spend spring break in London (approx. dates: 3/25/10-4/3/10). It'd be a family vacation for all the girls. It will be my mother, sisters, nieces and myself. We're all between the ages of 2-46. I have a few questions:

1. What is the best area to stay in?
2. Can someone recommend any price-friendly, family-friendly hotels?
3. My mom, older sister, and I are okay with shopping but my younger sisters and nieces (2-15) will probably like to do more than that. What are some things they may be interested in?

Any other advice is welcome. Especially traveling with a 2 year old. It'll be her first trip and first airplane ride.

Thanks!

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 9th, 2009
Please make sure that her sinuses are clear, one way or another.

Young children are prone to ear-pressure pain upon take off and landing, and speaking as a non-parent, its not pleasant for anyone in the airplane, least of all the parent who probably fear the delicate eardrum will be damaged. It sure sounds like they're being hurt from the sound of it. It almost never happens, of course, BUT, if the child has an ear infection or any kind of blockage, see a doctor before flying.

Bring small toys so they can play quietly in your lap.

Once in London, there is always the London tower, Buckingham palace, and the London Eye. I liked the Globe theatre. Also, don't forget the Oxford campus. I know I did, and I always regret doing so.

halfnine

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 10th, 2009
I'd start here

Frank Wilson

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 5th, 2010
Check on some major London attractions like tower of London , tower bridge , Buckingham palace and much more. London has plenty pf parks and places to play the kids can spent some time to there. London is also famous for some kids attractions like theme parks , kids museums , natural history museum and much more. You guys can enjoy your shopping in oxford street and many other surrounding areas

Return to London Travel