Whether it's diving in Belize or venturing on an eco-trek in Costa Rica, you'll find answers to your questions on Central America travel here.

Favorite places in Costa Rica to chill

Porifera

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 10th, 2011
And some hiking/adventure type stuff. I'm going for my honeymoon. Last time I was here and the way I usually take trips like this is to backpack through the country and go rough it in a tent in the jungle and find remote areas to have some kind of adventure. My fiancee is new to this kind of thing and I want to ease her into it, and it's a honeymoon so we kind of want to relax.
We have three weeks, my favorite spot from my last trip was Monteverde and it seems like a good place to chill and have some jungle fun, so we're definitely going there. I also want to do some beaches, preferably not the most popular beaches. Last time I went to cahuita and really liked that, I'm not sure if we should go there again or find a new place thats kind of like that.
So what are your favorite relaxing beaches in Costa Rica, also just your favorite spots in general?
Thanks a lot

Andy

EMH

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

I really liked Marino Bellena. It's only starting to become a tourist destination so it's not overrun with gringos or overdeveloped (in fact my Rough Guide to Central America (2009) doesn't even mention it). The beach there is probably the most beautiful I've ever seen - very clean, great for swimming and absolutely no development on the beach itself (btw, there are two roads into the beach....one is free, the other you have to pay the park entrance fee). Depending on when you're going, there are various excursions you can go on - whale watching (seasonal), dolphin watching (year round), snorkeling/scuba-diving (year-round). You can also supposedly snorkel right off the beach but some canadians I spoke with didn't have much success with that. The name of the nearby town is Uvita.
Follow my travels through Central and South America: www.talesofagringo.com

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

I've heard great things about Osa Peninsula.

Porifera

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Thanks, Marino Bellena looks awesome, I think I might have to put that on my list.
I'd love to check out the Osa peninsula. I'm going there in may, the start of the rainy season, I've heard it rains enough there to make traveling difficult. Let me know if you've experienced otherwise cause I'd love to see it.

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 11th, 2011
Haven't actually been to the Osa, but I'd love to go with a partner.

Piecar

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 11th, 2011
Quepos. Bunch of cool little hotels. Beautiful sunsets nightly. Manuel Antonio park RIGHT there great beach. NIce people. Good expat atmo. Lots of restaurants. Lots of places to walk.
Good Luck Out There.

pyoung

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 20th, 2011
Costa Rica has abundance of national parks, beaches, volcanoes and wildlife........ and offers stunning natural beauty. Costa Rica has a long coastline with infinite number of beaches. Some of the most spectacular beaches that I would like to name are Playa Flamingo, Playa Ballena, Playa Blanca and Montezuma........ If you like less crowded and quiet beaches then also you can have plenty of choices.

Return to Central America Travel