With loads of useful info on climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, overland travel and wild animal safaris, the Africa forum is the place to discuss this huge and diverse continent.

Ferry Hurghada to Sharm el sheikh

Jeanie99

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: September 29th, 2013
Has anyone taken this ferry?

I found two websites with regard to ferries and sent an email asking for information on times and prices.

Received one response which said they were not involved in ferry transport any longer and it would be best to take a flight.

JasonT

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 30th, 2013
I was there in 2012. At that time, even though ferries were advertised, no ferry had made that journey in months.

Flights are an option, sometimes you can get a good deal, other times it's too expensive.

I ended up just taking the bus from Hurghada Sharm el Sheikh. Very long day on the bus, but was the cheapest option. If you do take the bus, be aware that the bus station in Sharm is about 4-5 km out of town, and the taxis charge astronomical rates at the bus station. If you walk down to the road, you can flag one down for a fraction of the cost.

Jason

Jeanie99

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 3rd, 2013
Jason thanks for the reply
I've just found out that the terminal for the ferries at Hurghada is being rebuilt it is expected to be finished in 6 months so I'm not holding my breath, we'll have to take the plane as we fly out in January.

Return to Africa Travel