Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

First time / nights in Bangkok, hotel recs.. honeymoon!

moosirin

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

Tags: honeymoon, bangkok, hotel, advice
  • Added on: August 26th, 2008
Hey everyone!
I am having a lot of trouble booking the first 3 nights of our honeymoon. We land in Bangkok at midnight after a looooong flight from the US on September 5 and are staying until the morning of the 8th to fly to surat thani/ samui / phangan.

I can't find a hotel that seems swish enough for the first few nights of a honeymoon, that will be comfortable and relaxing enough after that long flight, but that will offer good personal / friendly service and advice to us as newbies to Bangkok. We want to be close to the sights as we aren't there for too long, but not on KSR.

I've seen some places in the area called "Riverside" but they are getting pretty expensive. Actually all the really nice looking places cost > $100.
I'd say I don't want to spend more than $80 or $90 a night. I'm guessing 50-90 range should do it. Since we get in so late on our first night we don't have the luxury of 'shopping around', nor would I want to.

Help! Thanks!!!! Big Grin

static

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 26th, 2008
What fun! There are innumerable hotels in Bangkok, and it would be really hard to go wrong with anything over $25 a night. If I were doing it, I would look at Asia Hotels.

China-Matt

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 27th, 2008
I've only been to one hotel that would look like what you'd want. Unfortunately, it also has the absolute worst service and location. Do not stay at the Prince Palace Hotel. It looks nice, but it's not even close to worth the money.

I did notice a fairly new hotel along Phra Arthit (a short walk from KSR, but nicer), but I can't remember the name. Check out places on that road and you might come across something nice.
Booze, Food, Travel
Terracotta Typewriter: a literary journal with Chinese characteristics

moosirin

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 27th, 2008
Thanks for your help guys. I ended up deciding on the Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok. On agoda.com I was able to get a room for 3 nights at 69/night. Not bad! looks central and the rooms look very nice.

alisonchesson

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 31st, 2008
There are LOTS to choose from... We really like the Bel Aire Princess Hotel which is at Sukhumvit Soi 5. It is really lovely and close to the skytrain so it is easy to get around... I would definitely stay there again (they have yummy breakfasts too)
If you go to www.wotif.com then there are many good deals available, at good discounts... (up to 3 weeks before you go)
You can choose which country you want and all sorts of great options we used it a lot for our last trip.

If you want a fabuolous beach option for the honeymoon, we had our wedding at La Flora Resort and Spa at Khao Lak (north of Phuket) - it was amazing, I can't say enough great things about them... they treated us like family and it was really special...
ALISON

Gardkarlsen

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 5th, 2008
Hi

Have a great honeymoon :-) Bangkok is amazing but can be a bit of a shock when you come there the first time. But I hope that you will have a great stay in Thailand. My wife and I went to Bangkok and Samui last year (see my trip report on http://gardkarlsen.com/Bangkok_trip_report_2007.htm ) and we had great fun :-)
Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Return to Asia Travel