Discuss long-term and Round the World Travel. Share experiences, tips and encourage others to take the plunge. Help others plan their itineraries and budgets for upcoming epic adventures.

First time, sort of sudden urge to travel, traveller

vagabondette74

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 26th, 2011
ok, I've gotta ask....why did they take the LP? Is it the info on tibet?
Traveling through Mexico and Central America starting in January '09. Hit me up if you want to meet!

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 26th, 2011
When you enter Tibet from Kathmandu you first have your baggage checked by customs, they saw my China LP & had no problem with it, they did however confiscate the Tibet LP which had the picture of a monk on the cover.

After the customs check you go through a duplicate check by the police who confiscated/stole my China LP because the map of China on page 2 or 3 included Taiwan, then had the nerve to tell me I could buy another in Beijing. Another of our group tore the map out of hers, put it in her pocket & made it through. :roll:
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

yanks26dmb

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 27th, 2011
I made a thread on how to travel completely around the world for ~$2,000 USD. This is strictly talking transportation and nothing else...

BUT...it really shows how easy it is to travel completely around the world and not break the bank.

If you started with 16k, you'd be left with roughly 14k/365 = Right around $40USD/day. You can easily get by in a lot of places on 40USD per day...especially if you have some days where you arent doing much more than eating and walking around a new city...Days like that will bump your budget up for other days where you want to do excurions/tours...

Previous

Return to Around the World and Vagabonding Travel