Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

First time, travelling for an indefinite period

VegasJayme

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: February 11th, 2014
So I've been wanting to do this my whole life, I'm about to turn 25, and I don't want to wait any longer. I want to travel through Europe, heading first to Amsterdam and then wherever the road takes me from there. I want to meet up with someone who would be interested in doing the same and enjoying the adventure together, there is something very appealing about making friends with complete strangers and exploring new places for the first time. I plan on living in europe for a while, traveling as much as possible, WWOOFing and finding other under the table jobs in cities or towns I particularly like. I know this is very vague but I think planning the trip a little more together would be better, but I still want room to be spontaneous and go when and where we want to go.

bstrom42

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 14th, 2014
Sounds great, there's a lot of interesting places to discover in Europe. Do some research to get a few ideas where you might want to go, it doesn't hurt to be prepared and you can still be spontaneous. Good luck, I hope you'll have a great adventure!

Ddrezner

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 17th, 2014
Go for it!

Remember to have enough money in reserve to go home if things go bad, or for emergency medical care.
I've had to dip into that reserve a few times, and not regretted having it once.

Its really not that expensive, especially if you volunteer for housing and food!

Be careful in Europe. You get precisely 3 months before yoiu become an illegal entrant. The time goes very fast. Look at the schengen and non-schengen countries very differently.

Oh- some hints for an interesting trip:

Visit Hungary and Romania.

PS: a kind of warning. If someone seems over interested in you and just happens to speak good english, be double careful!

Lots of other things to do, of course.!!!!
Tortuga traveller

Return to Europe Travel