Figure out the best way to get from Central to South America, when you should book your accommodations for Carnaval and local language school recommendations. If it's on South America, it's in this forum.

Flying in Argentina: Book in US or There?

Corvinus

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

Tags: argentina, buenosaires, flights, booking
  • Added on: February 24th, 2011
Is it cheaper to book flights within Argentina from the US or through a travel agent in Buenos Aires? If the latter, do you have any recommendations of good Buenos Aires travel agencies?

SpotlightBuenosAires

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 28th, 2011
As with booking any flight, it's better to book early. We always recommend to book early, online.
You may hear that Aerolineas Argentinas has cheaper prices, but they are only offered to residents. Another cheaper alternative is to use the Buses (Micros). The bus from BA to Mendoza is about 14 hours, or BA to Bariloche is 18, and you can book different classes. Sleeper class "Cama Suite" is very comfortable and you can sleep on your way to your destination. Some even serve wine! Google "Micros Retiro" to see the bus schedules and prices that leave from the Retiro bus terminal in BA.
http://SpotlightBuenosAires.com
A cultural resource for expats, visitors and locals to find information and opinions about BA’s food, art, music, architecture and culture.

Corvinus

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 28th, 2011
Unfortunately, long-distance buses are not an option for us. We're in our sixties and can't recover quite as fast as we used to. Plus we'll be going to four widely-spaced locations: Buenos Aires, Peninsula Valdes, Bariloche, and Ushuaia. We'll take a 5.5 hr bus from Puerto Madryn to Viedma to catch the Tren Patagonico, but spending five nights of our vacation with our eyes stapled open would be a bit much for us.

Andromeda

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 1st, 2011
When I was in Argentina I just booked through the Aerolineas Argentinas website while still in the USA. I remember doing a little research and it turns out the flight I was looking at at least was a set price flight so it didn't matter when you bought it, but I bought it early just to be on the safe side!

LAN Chile sometimes has cheaper fares though if you're ok with a layover in Santiago.

juanka

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 7th, 2011
Hi. Ask to your travel agency to buy a "Visite Argentina" air ticket. You can buy from 3 to 12 flights at a cheap price. Can be buyed only for foreigners in foreign country and you must show the ticket to come to Argentina.
You must plan your flights before. Later you can change flights or dates but with a u$s 50 charge. Max .time: 90 days.
Prices are even cheaper if you came to Argentina by Aerolineas Argentinas company.
Look the prices in this site (don't have page in English... but you can understand the tables). Airport taxes are not included in the prices :
http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/arg/main.asp?idSitio=CO&idPagina=49&idIdioma=en&id=1053
To buy online, the page is in English;
http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/arg/main.asp?idSitio=CO&idPagina=158&idIdioma=en
NOTICE: THIS PROMOTION IS TILL APRIL 30th!!

Enjoy my country!! And, if you need accommodation in BA, see my website
Juan Carlos
==========
A travelhelper in BA
http://lodging4all.com.ar

Return to South America Travel