A place for geezers, grey hairs, and oldies to discuss independent travel. Reminisce about travel in the days before Lonely Planet and discuss issues applicable to the mature traveller.

Free room and food for a month in Kobe, Japan

Hayleigh

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: japan, Kobe
  • Added on: March 22nd, 2009
For the last 10 years I have been renting a 90 year old house whose owner refuses to do any repairs. Got my lawyer to get the rent greatly reduced but having trouble getting any repairmen to work WITH me. I love doing DIY but have very little free time due to a busy work schedule and running a volunteer group. None of my friends are handy.

Are you the type that looks at a rundown shack and sees only possibilities?
Can you come to Japan in the near future before it gets too hot?
I can give you a very convenient place to stay where you can easily go for day trips to Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Himeji, and even Hiroshima. I know of so many discounts and can introduce you places not in guide books. You can come on a 3 month tourist visa and if you want to stay longer than a month we can see how we get on, or I will find a home-stay with a nice Japanese family for you.

Regards,
Hayleigh

LittleKati

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 23rd, 2009
Thank you so much, that's a very nice offer :)
I'm thinking about going to Japan in December... I was in Tokyo last time, so might take a trip to other places like Osaka or Kyoto. The trip should not be over 10 days. Do you think it is a good idea to visit these city at that time? Would it be cold?
Let's have a chat in Thailand Forum ^v^ lanla lanla~

Hayleigh

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 23rd, 2009
Sorry LittleKati but I am looking for a Jack (or Jill) of-all-trades to stay for a month in the near future.
I will send you a private message with my opinion of the weather in December.
Regards, Hayleigh

Return to Still Going...