Dust off a forgotten foreign tongue, debate the best ways to learn another language, pick up some slang in the local lingo, discuss regional dialects... It's all about being multi-lingual, baby.

Free Software Tip: Memory Lifter

elAdi

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

Tags: language, learning, flash cards, vocabulary
  • Added on: October 19th, 2008
This is a pretty good free Flash Card software. As expected, you can add the words and sentences you want to learn and off you go. Once you start repeating the cards, the software starts to move them into different boxes: cards that you didn't answer correctly are being repeated more often than cards that you answered correctly 10 times in a row. I've added all my Bahasa Indonesia in it and have to say my vocabulary has improved over the past two weeks.

Memory Lifter - Flash Cards Software
My personal travel website
Cycling from Indonesia to India (09-11) Fabebook Page
----------------------------------------------
"Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

Prisa

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 30th, 2009
Hey that's freakin awesome!
Oh my god. Right now I'm trying to become a certified translator for Leventine/MSA Arabic. And it's sooo much harder then I thought it would be. First I have to learn the legal English terms which takes a while. Then learn the correct Arabic term and...how it actually relates to the social part of the language. Fun stuff. So I feel like I'm learning two languages at once. Not so fun.

Plus most of the time when I speak Arabic it's casual. Addressing family memebers, talking to the guy at the grocery, whatever. It's not formal. So I'm getting schooled in that too.

This, ...yes this is fantastic.
Of cabbages -- and kings --
And why the sea is boiling hot --
And whether pigs have wings

Return to In Other Words