Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Tower Bridge... There's no shortage of things to do and see in London!

Gatwick to Lambeth North what's the best way?

eurocampbells

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: Gatwick to London
  • Added on: May 12th, 2011
We are arriving easyjet in Gatwick at 22:00 Friday night, Leaving Sunday afternoon. What's the best way to get to Lambeth North underground station? Gatwick Express seems expensive.

Bideshi

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 12th, 2011
Easybus will still be going that time of night and will get you to Earls Court/ West Brompton. http://www.easybus.co.uk If you book a return trip with them at the same time you can usually get a good deal.

Looks like National Express quits running out there at around 21:00. Otherwise that would be a fine option too.

Lucky Luke

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 13th, 2011
Earl's Court is on the wrong side of town and will be a pain to get to Lambeth from - especially later at night.

If you check out Terravision or some of the other coach compaines, you might be able to find something that will drop you either at Victoria - which makes for a quick connection to Lambeth Nth via bus or at Baker Street, in which case you can just jump on the Bakerloo line straight through to Lambeth Nth.

I normally get the (non-express) train from Gatwick which goes to London Bridge and then you can jump on a bus down to Lambeth Nth.

Or, according to TFL there is also a service from Gatwick that calls at Elephant & Castle, from which you could either go one stop to Lambeth Nth on the tube or, depending on where in Lambeth you're headed, just get out and walk; the two stops are only 5 mins walk apart.

Bideshi

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 13th, 2011
I know Earls Court isn't probably the most convenient place, but at the time of night the OP is coming in, there are few options left that are cheaper than Gatwick Express. Terravision bus doesn't serve Gatwick. Here's the official Gatwick Airport page about "how to get to London": http://www.gatwickairport.com/transport/to-london/

Sorry, eurocampbells... I too have found myself at Gatwick at the end of a cheap flight at an odd time realizing "Oh...THIS is why it was so cheap to get here". Gatwick is so far from London I think they might speak French! :lol:

Lucky Luke is right, though, if you want a more sensible way to get in, you might want to bite the bullet and get a train in. If you book ahead, though, you can usually get it a little cheaper. Good luck!

Return to London Travel