Discuss long-term and Round the World Travel. Share experiences, tips and encourage others to take the plunge. Help others plan their itineraries and budgets for upcoming epic adventures.

gave my notice today!

greenbored

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 28th, 2011
feel sooooo relieved. only 25 days until:

europe - 5 months
south africa - 1 month
indonesia - 1 month
se asia - 3 months
aus/nz - 2 months

thanks to all who post here regularly. it's been a great source of both information and inspriration!

Fluffy_bunny

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao -tzu. Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)
For tips and storied on Central Asia, the Middle East and Central America, check out my blog
http://joestrippin.blogspot.com

Kate and Dan

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Hey greenbored —

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about your travels. What was the reaction of your employers? Did you ask for a leave? Or were you planning a career change regardless?

greenbored

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

thanks guys.
my bosses and co-workers were very supportive and happy for me. most of them expressed jealousy and regret for not doing something similar when they were younger. it made me feel a lot better.
regarding a leave of absence, but i told them that i would love to come back if the opportunity ever presented itself. they said that if there was a postition open they would happily hire me back. i do like what i do, but i didn't push to hard for a leave just to keep my options open. i'm glade we're leaving on good terms though.
my wife, however, did get a leave...which is awesome because she absolutley loves her job. actually, she got better than a leave. she gave her notice, and then her boss told her about a week later that she was set to be promoted. my wife was kinda bummed because this new position is like her dream job. then a couple weeks later her boss basically said that she couldn't see anyone else in that position other than my wife, so they are giving her a leave and hiring her back at that new level.
stoked!

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

Great, 8-) have a blast!
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

zhinnn

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 29th, 2011
'EL YEAH!
"And so I too- for how many years- drawn by a cloud wisp wind, have been unable to stop thoughts of rambling." - Matsuo Basho

RyuKamagata

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 3rd, 2011
sounds fantastic!

Return to Around the World and Vagabonding Travel