Plan your road trip with must-see recommendations. Information on the beaches of California to the tundras of Yukon and everywhere in between.

geocachers! high tech treasure hunt

brightone

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 11th, 2011
Hey Forum--

I just recently got into geocaching and found it is a great way to spend time outdoors while getting some exercise, travel, and reward! Is anyone else into this? For those who don't know.. it's a global scavenger hunt that uses gps technology to locate items hidden by other participants. I'm currently getting involved with this geocache hunt put on by David Garrett, a favorite musician of mine... here's the link to his FB account if anyone is interest, the geocaching is under the contest tab... facebook.com/davidgarrettofficial

If anyone else has done some cool caches that take you to far off lands let me know! I'm interested to hear about it.

Andromeda

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 1st, 2011
Maybe this would be better suited in the travel tech forum?

I started caching about 1.5 years ago after my first rtw trip because I was sitting around in Ohio really bored. I then discovered it really is a perfect hobby for a traveler with a geeky bent because caches are often hidden at interesting places you'd never know to visit otherwise, even someplace like a park across town or a great vista you wouldn't know about in a neighboring state.

As for exotic caches, I recently found the Roof of the World geocache right next to Everest Base Camp on the Tibet side and just found cache #2 in my 10th country today, Nepal...

Return to USA & Canada Travel