Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Germany-Czech-Austria-Switzerland Trip

Pretty_Rachel

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 5th, 2015
Hi! My husband and I are in the beginning stages of planning a trip for September. We're planning on Germany and Switzerland (and possibly Austria and/or Czech Republic). We'll have at least 12 days, possibly more. We would appreciate any advice on where to start (as in where it fly into and out of), what the must-sees and dos are, and what we should definitely avoid, etc. We don't like fast-paced travel, preferring to soak a place in and truly experience the food and culture. We're not much for museums, cathedrals, sightseeing, etc. We'd rather visit the forgotten and get a true taste of a place than go somewhere for photo opps. All advice welcome. Thanks!

Jeanie99

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 21st, 2015
You don't like fast travel like to soak up a place, did I miss something 2 countries maybe 4 in 12 days.
Think again.

coffeedrinker

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 2nd, 2015
I realize this post is a little old, but I'm gonna respond anyway.

You said you don't like sightseeing, cathedrals, or museums but other than food and sitting, you fail to say what you do like. I guess you could go to Munich and plant your butt in a Biergarten. I live in Switzerland and travel quite a bit but I am not sure what you are looking for. Maybe start with activities you *do* like and then people could make suggestions?

loveT

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 25th, 2015
coffeedrinker wrote:I realize this post is a little old, but I'm gonna respond anyway.

You said you don't like sightseeing, cathedrals, or museums but other than food and sitting, you fail to say what you do like. I guess you could go to Munich and plant your butt in a Biergarten. I live in Switzerland and travel quite a bit but I am not sure what you are looking for. Maybe start with activities you *do* like and then people could make suggestions?

Good tips from Coffeedrinker.
Anyway, I recommend you Berlin as that city can offer you everything you want. Its a great location for any type of tourist. I love B indeed - wonderful architecture, lovely people, excellent restaurants, night life etc.

thetravelguy

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 28th, 2015
Jeanie99 wrote:You don't like fast travel like to soak up a place, did I miss something 2 countries maybe 4 in 12 days.
Think again.

:lol:

Surender

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 10th, 2016
This post is one year old. I hope you enjoyed your Germany Czech Austria Switzerland Trip. Now its time to share your experience so that it'll help me too, I'm also planning Switzerland holiday :)

Return to Europe Travel