Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Gili Trawangan

karrjc

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: December 1st, 2005
I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Blue Beach Cottages, or anywhere else in the budget-low medium price range on Gili Trawangan? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

DamaIsTheName

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 4th, 2005
my bf and i were there last year. my recomendation mate, dont stay at salobai hotel. 1) bloody expensive; 2) u'll be pretty much by urself there, we didn't see any other guest and saw only 2 or 3 guys working there; 3) they said they had a swimming pool, LIES; 4) no neighbours; 5) too far from the central if u walk, no cidomo (horse cart) passes the place unless u order 1 hour in advance.
a friend of mine (who goes there a lot) says it's better for u to just go to the island and look for a small cheap place to stay at when as soon as u get there instead of booking a hotel through internet. a lot of choices, it seems. and hotels there are rather expensive. its easy to find a small cottage around central.
i think thats it. oh yea, beach is wonderful.
have fun

scoots

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 12th, 2005
I know this is a bit old, but I would agree with Dama. There are many smaller, beautiful little cottages on the island that are a great bargain. They can't afford expensive advertising so you don't know about them. It's really easy to walk around and find something you like.

Scootin' Round the World: www.mytripjournal.com/scoots

Debs

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 1st, 2006
Hi there

i hope this answer isn't too late for you Smile
We stayed at the Blue Beach Cottages Oct 2004.

The rooms were big, with fan, bathroom average, i think we payed 80,000 incl b/fast. nice porch with chairs to sit on. it's on the northern beach side,(rooms not facing beach)away from the 'noise' of the party's.
BUT is next to a mosque Smile
i would recommend it

good luck
deb

karrjc

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 3rd, 2006
quote:
stayed at the Blue Beach Cottages Oct 2004

Thanks Debs, have stayed next to mosques in Morocco and loved it, so this is actually a plus!
Will check definitley check it out.

Papaya

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 22nd, 2006
I just wanted to write and say I'm sooooo jealous you're going to the Gili's!!!!

My boyfriend and I spent a week there in September, and OH how I miss it.... Cool

Allen Ambrosino

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 17th, 2006
Please stop talking about Gili T ... it was the most amazing island I have ever been a part of and I don't want anyone else to discover itSmileSmile

Seriously, just land there -- it only takes 45 minutes to walk the whole of the island ... one thing to watch for, however, is do not stay where they will be playing the 5 times a day Muslim music for prayer to Mecca ... sometimes we were asleep, other times we were getting home to go to sleep, but it was always pretty rousing ...

Also, be sure to either join the daily volleyball matches on the concrete or the daily footie matches a bit more inland ... rave at the Blue Marlin were not bad ... diving is excellent, expsecially if you are there at the right time and can 'charter' your own dive boat for less than $20 a dive ... and, as for accommodation, just hook up with a girl who is staying at a 'luxury' hotel so you do not have to pay the billsSmile

And -- name evades me -- there is one restaurant on the water that has small bungalows where you can rest on the pillows and watch some telly, in between dart matches and pub quizzes ... German run, great food and they sell extra items there under the term 'miscellaneous' on the bill ... wish I had saved one for memories sakeSmile

AaA
www.backpackernation.com

check out the pics from 67 countries and please give me some of your widsom on my blog:)

dEsidEL

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 12th, 2010
I'm planning on heading there solo in a few days via. Nusa Lembongan using the Blue Water Express fast boats. I'm thinking of staying at either the Banana Bungalows or Mawer once on Gili T. Hoping to meet other backpackers on the way. If anyone else has any experiences they could share especially heading there solo, it would be appreciated!
sand > snow

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 14th, 2010
dEsidEL wrote:I'm planning on heading there solo in a few days via. Nusa Lembongan using the Blue Water Express fast boats. I'm thinking of staying at either the Banana Bungalows or Mawer once on Gili T. Hoping to meet other backpackers on the way. If anyone else has any experiences they could share especially heading there solo, it would be appreciated!

When I went to Gili Trawangan, there were more backpackers than locals. It's like a backpacker resort - you will meet people there.

Andyo74

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 7th, 2010
I stayed at some place called Edy Homestay was about 125K but was very clean. A few minutes walk inwards from beach, probably would of been cheaper ones but i was in a rush to unpack.

Also was close to the only two ATM's (towards south of island) although only one was working.

Return to Bali Travel Forum