Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Gillies Recommendations

Beachcombers

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 21st, 2011
Hi Everyone

We are looking to visit the Gillie Islands in July this year. We will have two toddlers, then aged 3.5yrs and 22months.

Can anyone recommend which island to start with? Of course we would love to have a beer and nice meal, but we have to consider the kids and the fact they will want to go sleep around 7/8pm!

We would ideally like a two bedroom or family type bungalow on a reasonably tight budget.

Any feedback much appreciated!
Hey everyone, a bit of shameless self promotion! I have my own wine company now, please check it out on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eureka-W ... 2916852962

Svenster

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 18th, 2011
G'Day mate

Just back from Gili Air which was fantastic.

Travelled with friends but lots of couples with kids around. Many left the kids with babysitters when diving.

Very laid back atmosphere, no cars or mopeds. You can walk everywhere and loads of great little bars/restaurants right on the beach. Fairly quiet at night but enough to keep four 40 somethings happy for a week~!

Gili T is the 'party island' and Meno has lots of mozzies (apparently)

I hope this helps

Bill

Svenster

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 18th, 2011
Sorry mate,

Just realised you planned to go in July, so post was too late!

Hope you had fun if you went...

Beachcombers

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 9th, 2011
Appreciate the info! We ended up going to the Philippines, but the Gillies is on the cards for next year!
Hey everyone, a bit of shameless self promotion! I have my own wine company now, please check it out on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eureka-W ... 2916852962

Svenster

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 9th, 2011
No problem

Funny enough I'm off to Phillipines next March.

Where did you go and what did you think?

Dharker

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 25th, 2012
I live on Gili Air and recommend coming here. It's the best of all three islands. There are nice places to eat, it's easy to get around and lovely places to stay. It doesn't have the fuss of Gili T or the over quiet of Meno.

Plus, now there is a cash machine on the island it's much easier to get money and stay here longer.
Living on Gili Air - a small island thousands of miles from home - running a small dive shop called Karang Divers http://www.karangdivers.com - want to come for a dive?

Return to Bali Travel Forum