Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

Good Place to sleep in Bangkok airport

packgirl

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: August 1st, 2011
I have a stopover in Bangkok. I arrive at 10pm and depart at 7:25am the next morning. It has to be the worst layover!! If it was during the day I'd head out to the city for a few hours but at that time I'm not too keen (girl travelling by herself) I know I can get a pretty decent thai massage in the airport so I definitely will be getting one of those! Does anyone know a good area in the airport to have a bit of a snooze that is relatively quiet, safe & has comfortable seating? Is there anything else worthy of doing at the airport besides eat some delicious food??

Lucky Luke

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

Check out Sleeping In Airports.
Should cover everything... :-D

crazyal

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

Bring a blanket to cover yourself. Maybe check out the third floor food concession area so that other people will be around you if you must yell for help. Departures area had too much light for me and loud announcements not to mention an almost constant ring like a cell phone going off!

When you wander around you can find a place to sit with your bags on the cart.

Hope you didn't turn down a later flight where you could have taken the cheap 45 baht Rail Link ride to Pratunam and walk to a nearby hotel. Meter taxis from Bangkok will run around 300 baht for the ride back to the airport - using the meter of course!
Travel the world now before you get too old to do it!

love of woods

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 3rd, 2011
I had the same problem this year. The best place I found were the benches in front of the airline counters on the top floor. They're pretty long and allow you to stretch out. Also, the counters close around midnight since there's no flights.

christine86

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 4th, 2011
love of woods wrote:I had the same problem this year. The best place I found were the benches in front of the airline counters on the top floor. They're pretty long and allow you to stretch out. Also, the counters close around midnight since there's no flights.

Agree...those benches are a nice place to stretch and get some sleep.
Have Pleasant Stay @ Hotel Near RDS

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 4th, 2011
this wont be helpful, but I had like 8 hours in bangkok airport in 07 when I opted to take a taxi with fellow travellers much earlier than I needed too.

Anyway, I ended up in a food concession area on second or third floor (I think someone mentioned it...I grabbed a few pieces of food, a drink, I connected up my laptop, it had free wifi and I watched movies for the next 8 hours...There were chairs...I think you could probably connect a few chairs together and put together a makeshift bed...otherwise, I would consider taking the light rail to the city and sleep in a hotel, despite how late it is at night...otherwise, id just sleep on the floor somewhere...the airport to me is the safest place to be.
Josh and Nicole aren't going anywhere for a while, but you can still read about their past trips herehttp://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

packgirl

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 6th, 2011
Thanks for your advice everyone! I should be able to find a place to curl up even if cold, bright & uncomfortable :)

Return to Asia Travel