Discuss and debate travel gear: backpacks, boots, packing stuff and all things technical like phones, mp3 players, GPS systems and other techno-gadgets.

Gore Tex jacket seam tape

oswiu

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: October 8th, 2006
My beloved Gore-tex jacket has served me well over the years, but is now in need of a few repairs.

The seam tape has come partly un-stuck up around the neck of the jacket. There's a (I think) removable strip of gummy residue on the jacket fabric, and the seam tape is still mostly attached.

How should I deal with this? Is it possible to just stick the same seam-tape back on with some kind of adhesive? If so, what kind? Or would I be better off buying new seam tape and completely re-doing that seam? I assume Gore-tex seam tape would be pretty widely available?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

static

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

What brand is it and when did you buy it? It is likely that it is still covered under warranty.

oswiu

Share on Orkut

It's MEC, and about 6-7 years old. MEC's always been great to me in terms of repairing their products, even years after I've bought them.

Unfortunately (from the perspective of fixing my jacket anyway) I'm in New Zealand for the next few months, so returning it to the manufacturer really isn't an option.

I suspected I'd be hearing from you on this topic... Thanks static Smile

semicolon

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 9th, 2006
seam sealer

REI co-op has a seam sealer.
NOT the same as seam tape. But it works.
Self-determining karma wannabe....

Return to Travel Gear & Gadgets