With loads of useful info on climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, overland travel and wild animal safaris, the Africa forum is the place to discuss the dark continent.

Great Migration and Mt Kili?

travellingLite

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 28th, 2011
Is it possible to do both in one trip over a period of 2 or so months?

I want to plan a trip around July-August. Just started researching today, so thought will ask for advice from booties who have done this before. (yes, i will read a book as soon as i get my hands on one and websites too :)

thanks so much

KathrynD

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 10th, 2011
Can't see why not. I didn't climb Mt. Kili but certainly I knew people who did while they were on trips that involved safari. Why did you think they might be mutually exclusive?

Andromeda

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 22nd, 2011
Yep- I was in Arusha most of this past week when not safari-ing and most people do this in two weeks or so! Plus a week on Zanzibar to unwind. :)

I'm not sure where the Migration is that time of year so it might be further north, but even then I'm sure it's easy to work out. And if you're wondering, the standard price in Arusha these days for a Serengeti/NgoroNgoro/etc safari is $140/day, camping and all inclusive. Dunno how much a Kili climb goes for though.

halfnine

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 22nd, 2011
travellingLite wrote:Is it possible to do both in one trip over a period of 2 or so months?

yes

travellingLite wrote:I want to plan a trip around July-August. Just started researching today, so thought will ask for advice from booties who have done this before. (yes, i will read a book as soon as i get my hands on one and websites too :)

Not sure about your dates but I caught the migration in Kenya during August and was up on Kili in September

Return to Africa Travel