Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in London with a 12-hour layover.

Greece As a Travel Destination

Susanna_K

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 14th, 2011
Hi, I’m studying tourism management at Business College of Athens, London Metropolitan University’s branch in Greece. I am writing a dissertation about Greece as a travel destination and would greatly appreciate it if you can find a few minutes to take my survey.

This survey is intended for those who have and have not been to Greece! No personal data is required. There is a video close to the end of the survey, and it is very important to get your answers for that section.

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/485427/Greece-as-a-Travel-Destination

Thank you in advance!

AsaG

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 15th, 2011
Done, recommend others to take the survey, takes only few minutes
:-) Good luck with your studies
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.top-travel-tips.com/

Susanna_K

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

AsaG wrote:Done, recommend others to take the survey, takes only few minutes
:-) Good luck with your studies

Thank you very much!

Come on guys, every completed survey brings me closer to my degree! :)

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

Took the survey.

I found it a bit odd that you had three categories for nationality. Euro, Brit, and other.
You've missed Asia, Africa, USA, Central America, South America, Middle east

Each segment may have different travel needs, so your description of subject position is not specific enough.

Unless of course you're aiming this campaign at only young brits and europeans.

Your age subject positions are also too small. You can always fold in the age groups once you take the survey, but its good to have clear and distinct primary data.

Otherwise, its a good ad for having fun in Greece for young people.

Susanna_K

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 16th, 2011
Tortuga_traveller wrote:Took the survey.

I found it a bit odd that you had three categories for nationality. Euro, Brit, and other.
You've missed Asia, Africa, USA, Central America, South America, Middle east

Each segment may have different travel needs, so your description of subject position is not specific enough.

Unless of course you're aiming this campaign at only young brits and europeans.

Your age subject positions are also too small. You can always fold in the age groups once you take the survey, but its good to have clear and distinct primary data.

Otherwise, its a good ad for having fun in Greece for young people.

Thanks for taking the survey! The main population target are the British. European and Other (including the aforementioned) are used for some comparison. The age groups are also set out specifically for my research, where everyone who falls into "26+" or "under 18" are used for comparison.

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 17th, 2011
As I said, it takes little effort to get a more precise age or country area, and you can fold the data into the categories you want very easily.

Meanwhile, if for some odd reason you need to go back and look at another aspect of the research after the results come in, well, you have the more detailed data to work with.

This way, you cripple your post-survey analysis for little reason.

It sort of reminds me of a friend of mine who left an open-ended questionaire at the subjects place of business. When the results came in, he sure wished he had stayed to ask a few probing questions and pin down some definite answers. But the opportunity was lost.,

Agre
0-18
18-26
26-46
46-75
75+

Its only a little more reading, one answer, still.

At this point when you run your analysis software, you 're-code' for
0-18
26+

throw away the subjects in the 18-26 range if you want, as you will anyways.

Usually, when you make such distinct differentiations in an online survey, its to disqualify those who don't meed the criteria, or give different questions to different subject positions.

This doesn't seem to be either one of the two, though it could be the latter, of course. Will have to retake it as a 0-18 year old, eh?

Susanna_K

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 18th, 2011
As I said, it is the 0-18 and 26+ that are used for comparison against the main population sample, which is 18-26. So none of the results will be "thrown out" or discarded. Due to the specific nature of my research, it does not matter to me whether somebody is 15 or 17, or 26 or 75. If you do not fall into the main 18-26 categories, then you fall into the "under and over", where this data is used for comparison against the main target data.

Benna

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 19th, 2011
been there and taken the quiz, its a nice way of asking questions and i enjoyed asnwering them. i hope my next holiday destination is greece so the next time someone posts a quiz, i asnwer something new... have heard that its a great place to go and see the rich cultural history and heritage!! would be great if someone can recommend some great holiday plan regarding greece.. thanks
I love traveling. I am currently working on two websites Dubai Fun Holidays and SwissFunHolidays.com

Susanna_K

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 21st, 2011
Benna wrote:been there and taken the quiz, its a nice way of asking questions and i enjoyed asnwering them. i hope my next holiday destination is greece so the next time someone posts a quiz, i asnwer something new... have heard that its a great place to go and see the rich cultural history and heritage!! would be great if someone can recommend some great holiday plan regarding greece.. thanks

Thank you! :)

The holiday plan depends on what experience you are looking for. If its culture and history, then central Greece (Meteora for example), Athens, Crete, and some other places are good. If you want a beach holiday, then the islands :)

Sophie9

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 23rd, 2011
I just had a look at your survey and ditched it.

We've been to Greece several times and loved it. I'm not sure my university affiliation/or lack thereof is relevant to travel? I'm offended at being tossed into the irrelevant trash heap of "age 26+".

^Those offenses were committed in just the first page. I answered no further questions on however many pages followed.

It occurs to me that directing this survey at such a narrow demographic will not produce useful or relevant statistical results about travelers who wish to visit Greece.

This survey needs work.

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 23rd, 2011
Sophie, I'm sure it will produce valuable information about a certain demographic. Its just that the questions preclude learning any more than they want to hear about.

Ny guess is they're designing travel packages for the 18-26 age group, where fun in the sun, physical adventure, and lots of other kinds of adventure on the offing. That's often the kind of thing that is done in this age group. If its aimed at the differences between europeans, non europeans, and brits, it'll show some differences, no doubt, though I also imagine there are plenty of Spanish youths, Italian youths, etc, that might also share the same needs. But if there is a real cutoff in the 18-35 group, rather than 27, they'll never find out, and so, its collection of data does seem a bit flawed.

Susanna_K

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 25th, 2011
Sophie9 wrote:I just had a look at your survey and ditched it.

We've been to Greece several times and loved it. I'm not sure my university affiliation/or lack thereof is relevant to travel? I'm offended at being tossed into the irrelevant trash heap of "age 26+".

Sorry my survey offended you in any way, it was not my intention.

You university affiliation, or lack thereof, is relevant because over 11 UK universities are helping me to promote my survey, and it helps my research to know where the people are coming from.

I have never said that the 26+ is irrelevant.

Sophie9 wrote:^Those offenses were committed in just the first page. I answered no further questions on however many pages followed.

It occurs to me that directing this survey at such a narrow demographic will not produce useful or relevant statistical results about travelers who wish to visit Greece.

This survey needs work.

I'm conducting this survey the way I need to for my research. Knowing nothing about the structure of my research, its hypothesis, objectives, arguments, etcetera, some of you believe its appropriate to criticize it.

I greatly appreciate your help, and every response brings me closer to completing my dissertation. But if you dislike my survey, or if it somehow offends you, why waste your time discussing it here, and giving me advise, which even if I wanted to, is completely inapplicable to my research. I currently have 410 completed responses out of 700 I'm aiming for. I can not change and shift and mend my survey to satisfy every respondent's wants.

Please, do take my word for it that this survey is exactly the way I want it for my particular research. Please do complete it if you have a few extra minutes, as it helps me immensely. Once again, sorry if it offended anyone.

Susanna_K

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 5th, 2011
Big thank you to everyone who has participated! The survey is now closed. You have all helped my research immensely!

Return to Europe Travel