Plan your road trip with must-see recommendations. Information on the beaches of California to the tundras of Yukon and everywhere in between.

Hitchhiking/Rideshare from Montreal to Calgary

Alleina

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: hitchhiking, winter, canada, montreal, Alberta, rockies
  • Added on: January 22nd, 2013
I've been planning this for a while. I need to be in the rockies around first week of Feb, and have been thinking it would be fun (and challenging!) to go by road in the cold. If anyone wants to join along for some winter hitchhiking, let me know :) Or if you've done the cross-country journey before and have any tips, I'm all ears.

busman7

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 22nd, 2013
!Buy a bus ticket!
"Being normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must be" unknown

will0502

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 13th, 2013
I've done it............ in the summer. Not sure how familiar you are with Canadian Prairie winters but the blowing snow, and the frequent trips to -30 and -40 are enough to make living here barely possible, let alone hitchhike. I wouldn't adivse hitchhiking this time of year unless you are well geared and comfortable with the cold. As Busman said, a bus ticket would be your best bet.
It is better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way. - Alan Watts.

Return to USA & Canada Travel