Head Down Under and yap about bloody Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Determine the best place to buy a car, how to get a working holiday visa and the best route for travelling in Oz and around the Kiwi Islands.

Holiday/work visa in New Zealand

ktsik

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 26th, 2012
I'm currently applying for a year long holiday/work visa in New Zealand -- Any suggestions about how to find work or which region to settle in? What's the best way to get around the country without a car? Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

Beachcombers

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 26th, 2012
Pretty much the whole of NZ will have some work that will appeal to WHV holders.

Getting around without a car....you can take the backpacker buses like Kiwi Experince, Naked Bus etc. You can hop on and off depending where you want to stay. Otherwise hitching is a good option (be careful).
Hey everyone, a bit of shameless self promotion! I have my own wine company now, please check it out on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eureka-W ... 2916852962

michey_b

Niagara Addict

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 27th, 2012
Hey - me too - im going in Sept this year

I am undecided and unsure yet too as to where to think about working but thought id start in Auckland for a few days and then think im going to do one of the bus passes for a month and travel round so I can see first hand if any area calls out to me that id like to stay for a while

Im not in to the party seen so from what ive heard about Kiwi Exp think ill be giving that one a miss but ive been checking out Stray Travel and they seem quite good.

Check out http://www.backpackerboard.co.nz/ its been pretty useful for me

Michelle

ktsik

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 27th, 2012
great! Thanks for the tips!

Return to Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Islands Travel