Tell us what you think of BootsnAll.com. The good, the bad and the ugly - whatever is on your mind. Let us know what new features and information you'd like to see. Suggest ways we can make the BootsnAll community even stronger. Be honest.

How do I? (FAQ Stuff)

Capt Steve

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 6th, 2008
quote:
Reading the Boards 101 & Posting Guidelines," Don't advertise products/services/websites/etc. on the boards or in private messages."

Does directing an Op to say hostelz.com contravene this? And also if you or a friend own/run a hostel is it permissable to "give it a plug"?
If you have personally visited a hostel, etc, and have no financial affiliation, and are merely giving a recommendation from one traveler to another, that's typically fine.

However, giving plugs to businesses purely for the financial gain of yourself or others, is 99% of the time not acceptable.

Whistler

The Thunder From Downunder Goddess

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 6th, 2008
Thankyou for your reply. I recommend a hostel if I've stayed there and thought well of it.

I don't have any affiliations financial or otherwise with any hostels and it was reading another post which prompted me to ask.
Thanks.
Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

MY TRAVEL ALBUMS
MELBOURNE DAILY PHOTO

Previous

Return to Feedback, Ideas, Compliments and Complaints