Tell us what you think of BootsnAll.com. The good, the bad and the ugly - whatever is on your mind. Let us know what new features and information you'd like to see. Suggest ways we can make the BootsnAll community even stronger. Be honest.

How to Load a Unique Avatar?

KateL57

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: March 12th, 2006
I am so close...and at 409 posts it is about time for an avatar. It's showing up on my profile but not on older posts. Maybe I need to make a new post so it shows up (this one)??
Make cay, not war - Kesmen

KateL57

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 12th, 2006
Yes! I am seriously excited to finally have an avatar. Cool.

The instructions here must be good if I can follow them and also thanks to my behind-the-scenes assistant.
Make cay, not war - Kesmen

Spiralout

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 6th, 2006
What if your desired image is animated? Everytime I try to edit it I seem to kill all the animals! Is there something wrong with my software?

anniebanannie

All that and a bag of Doritos

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 15th, 2006
Ok...I have obviously known how to do this at one time. However, for the past few days I have been trying to upload a new avatar. The pic is the right size, I follow the directions...but when I hit "Avatar Me," it doesn't upload the photo and just sends me back to the first non-custom page.

Why-o-why can't I get me a new photo? I don't think I am doing anything wrong (could be, though).

JessieS

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 19th, 2006
This happens to me, too, Annie, when I try to load a new avatar. It seems to take a bit of time for the system to respond. It looks like it worked eventually (love the new avatar!), yes?
The Official BootsnAll Italy Travel Guide
Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

Cathleen Crawford

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 27th, 2007
Wow!--I just posted an Avatar--Thank you Barrie for the use of your beautiful photo from Planet Mole and thank you Sean for the easy to understand directions....Hurray I am finally entering the 21st century.
quote:
My only regret is that I haven't been there yet!

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 27th, 2009
I use picasa & there is just no way I can figure out how to crop a picture enough for an avitar, even downloaded a couple from an avitar site but they were too big.

HELP this is driving me nuts. :?
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

2 hrs later managed to get avitar of bus to fit but not the picture I wanted?????
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

Try this site to create an avatar. You can choose the size of the image you need (90x90 I think) and zoom in/out to pick out the parts you want.

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

Great site & easy to work with but didn't like the way my pic tunred out when made that small so will stick with bus for now.

Thanks
Dave

KathrynD

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 28th, 2009
Why does my avatar show up here in the Boards but not when I comment on travel stories? Is there something else I should do?

I just posted my avatar today so perhaps it needs time to learn more than one trick! ;)

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

Will have to double check, but I'm pretty sure if you upload a photo to your my.BootsnAll profile, that image will be used when you comment on travel stories (unless you're logged in to facebook first, in which case it will use that avatar).
Looking for a travel deal? deals.BootsnAll.com
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

KathrynD

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

I'm not logged into Facebook now, and even so shouldn't it show some picture? It's coming in fine in the boards, but not showing at all in Travel Stories...hmmmm. Oh well, not a huge deal, but it is weird.

Previous

Return to Feedback, Ideas, Compliments and Complaints