Discuss long-term and Round the World Travel. Share experiences, tips and encourage others to take the plunge. Help others plan their itineraries and budgets for upcoming epic adventures.

Hungary for ideas???

gibsonchop.com

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: October 30th, 2012
We are headed to Budapest shortly to explore! I am needing ideas of places to visit that would be interesting to write about, photography hot spots and items to purchase for our Hungary basket, to be given away in an upcoming drawing at our Facebook page. If you've travelled into the area what would be your top things to see and favorite dining spots? What would you like to have from Budapest if you've never been??? Want to find stuff my readers would enjoy winning!
http://www.gibsonchop.com {Travel photos and chopped thoughts on living life on earth.}
www.gibsonchop.com {On Facebook "monthly" travel giveaways, photos and travel destinations}

travel droppings

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 31st, 2012
We spent a couple days last February and loved it. If you're looking for what to do in Budapest I say these three things. Buda castle, Roman Baths and Pest side walking tour.

For a meal and relaxing day of fun, I absolutely loved the Central Market. It was a local 2 story open market selling fresh produce and trinkets. We spent the day there trying all of the local delicacies. Langosh and the sausages. Lots of Hungarian beer.

For gifts, of course everyone has to get paprika. As well, I think some other handicrafts can be found there. We spent the day drinking and shopping and drinking. I liked it because I felt like I was buying a local item, more so than what one finds at the tourists "Made in China" souvenir shops.
Work and Travel Abroad: A few ways I have worked my way around the world
All Ways Australia - Photos and tour reviews from the Outback

EMH

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 2nd, 2012
I highly recommend the free walking tours in Budapest (tips appreciated).

http://www.triptobudapest.hu/

The "Original Tour" gives a good overview of the city and they give you info on what to eat, drink, etc. I'm sure the guides could help you with your questions. I also went on the Communism Tour which was really, really interesting.

i_d_

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 2nd, 2012
I liked the Vasarely Museum in particular (http://www.vasarely.hu/, Szentélek tér 6: Tue-Sun, 800 HUF): it's op-art, all about optical illusions.
And: Do go to one of the spas (such as Gellert Bath or Szechenyi Bath), even if you are not a spa type.

gibsonchop.com

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 3rd, 2012
Thank you so much for the replies!!!! Would have never thought of Paprika to add into our basket from there. Yes, we avoid the Made In China items and try to focus on all products that are made in the country!!! Looking forward to the exploration! We aren't going to be there very long and tend to pack a lot in during our adventures!!! Can't wait to visit Budapest! Thanks again!!! :)
http://www.gibsonchop.com {Travel photos and chopped thoughts on living life on earth.}
www.gibsonchop.com {On Facebook "monthly" travel giveaways, photos and travel destinations}

Return to Around the World and Vagabonding Travel