What country has the best cuisine? What did you eat that made you sick? What on earth is airline food really made of? Get answers to these burning questions and more in the Food and Travel Forum.

I don't like vegetarians

Timmie

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 17th, 2010
I became aware of what I chose to put in my body over 30 years ago. Note that I did not label my self as Vegetarian, Ovo-lacto, Vegan or whatever. I am turned-off by the labeling which seems commonplace these days. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable as far as nutrition, which is a term I prefer to use. I stopped eating meat, poultry, pork and seafood in 1978 and do consume dairy products. My weights been stable throughout and I have no health issues. Do I care what others eat? Absolutely not. The folks who insist on asking me to justify my food choices for no apparent reason, I just consider rude and defensive simply because my choices call into question their own.
"Whatever you can or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it". Goethe

DavidAM

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 17th, 2010
I agree with that Timmie. I hate using labels and terms to describe what I am or what I do and don't do. And when people ask me why I'm a vegetarian, I tell them "Because it makes me happy." Simple as that.
"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."

Sea of Derailments - http://davidamis.wordpress.com
DavidAM Bandcamp - http://davidam.bandcamp.com

b_xandari

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 20th, 2011
Timmie wrote:I became aware of what I chose to put in my body over 30 years ago. Note that I did not label my self as Vegetarian, Ovo-lacto, Vegan or whatever. I am turned-off by the labeling which seems commonplace these days. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable as far as nutrition, which is a term I prefer to use. I stopped eating meat, poultry, pork and seafood in 1978 and do consume dairy products. My weights been stable throughout and I have no health issues. Do I care what others eat? Absolutely not. The folks who insist on asking me to justify my food choices for no apparent reason, I just consider rude and defensive simply because my choices call into question their own.

I absolutely agree. Who needs labels? I don't eat meat, dairy or any other animal products. At work I'm constantly hounded with "WHY???" I tell them it's my body & my choice. Then I threaten to eat sour kraut for a week if they don't stop.... lol. People seem to think it's funny to sit next to me & naw on a Big Mac. When I gag they think it's the meat. Nope, it's because they eat like the cow they are consuming.
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller.

Curt1591

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 20th, 2011
Case in point!

TerryLBaker

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 10th, 2011
Things that used to go MOO make me salivate, but I am a bit of a glutton. One word of advice I recently received was to not eat anything raw - veggies included - whilst traveling for fear of food poisoning.

Straum

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 3rd, 2011
Yea, this is one of those topics I don't like to enter, but I have to say I agree with most everyone's comments.

I am not in a position in life to need to kill an animal, and the idea of killing an animal is not something I am fond of when there is really no reason for it... when faced with eating meat I usually think of the animals life and just knowing the industry that killed it turns me off pretty quickly. I'll probably eat meat again, but I will know that particular animals life, and I will know how it died, and then I'll probably feel good about eating it.
Netherlands in April, Pacific Northwest in June, then on up to work at the family business, a Victoria BC hotel for tourist season... then a hop over to Montreal for the fall (hopefully)! A traveler's life for me!

Previous

Return to Food & Travel