Traveling with 35mm cameras, digital cameras, camcorders, film, memory cards 'n All. BootsnAll members are welcome to post their travel photo albums, documented meetings with other members and brag-shots here.

I walked 200 miles to take these photos!

uspn

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Tags: hiking, norway, jotunheimen, sheep
  • Added on: March 28th, 2009
Thank you, Kevin. #8D)

I'm sorry, I can't really say I have a favourite book to learn photography from, since that's not how I learned it. What I did was to travel and look at beautiful places and things and then try to capture them. Sometimes I spend a long time browsing postcards, deciding which ones I like better than the others, and then try to figure out for myself why I like exactly those cards.

Going to sites like Flickr and browse around is also a way to learn. Unfortunately, that usually also means having to look at lots and lots of badly composed photos...

National Geographic has published a number of coffee table books that I think would be good learning material for someone who wants to learn by imitation. However, their photographers use a lot of clever tricks to get good photos, that probably aren't something you're likely to do. For example bringing numerous t-shirts in vivid, bright colours wherever they go, to hand out to the children in the jungle/desert/slum areas they visit, before they take their photos...

Anyway, there's such a huge range of books available that claim to be the best to teach you photography, I'm sure you'll find something if you just go to your local bookstore and check them out. Make sure you get one that not only teach you about taking the photo, but also about post-processing the photos on your computer!

Good luck!

Bjørn
http://bjornfree.com/

KevinY

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 30th, 2009
Thanks for the advice Bjørn. Didn't know about the NatGeo "tricks".

PhotoChick

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 30th, 2009
You guys have some seriously straight trees in Norway!!! Great shots.

PC
Latest Adventure: Una Moto en Argentina
Check out my RTW blog

Offski

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 13th, 2009
Hi Bjorn

A Man made metroplis is awesome, but a land hand carved by mother nature is amazing. Your photo's are great and inspire me to dust my camera off and get snapping. Good luck in Oz mate.

Rob.

JordanRHughes

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 6th, 2010
Thank you so much. I love seeing pictures like these. I am looking forward to my visit in 2011..

Cheers.

Jordan.

Grey

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 10th, 2010
Brilliant, inspirational.
Wandering Africa for a year in Search of Sunsets.

krisited

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 12th, 2010
wow you're pictures are awesome..
i noticed the Norway pics are more with green colors and the Australia photos are shades of orange an brown..it really captures the color of the places who've been to.

Bellbird

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 14th, 2010
Great photos! That dead horse is a bit of a worry... :lol:
MP3 Walking Tours: Sydney Tours

steve_anderson

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 15th, 2010
OMG, These are perfect, very nice photography and so beautiful places.. I would really love to go there, but unfortunately I can't :(

Previous

Return to Travel Photography, Video and Photo Albums