Discuss long-term and Round the World Travel. Share experiences, tips and encourage others to take the plunge. Help others plan their itineraries and budgets for upcoming epic adventures.

I want to live on the beach, near the ocean

cassidy13

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 16th, 2011
Sorry if this is the wrong board but my goal is to get the heck out of the city and go live on a beach, preferably in another country for a while. I have a thing for central and south america but am open to other places. I've tried learning how to surf in Mexico and love speaking spanish, cooking, eating fresh fruits and wandering around! Yes, I want to be a beach bum. I am also looking for a beach town with a good vibe, people who will open their arms to a foreigner, a community of young artists and/or peeps in their 20's/30's. What are some of the best beach towns where I could settle down for a couple of months and just live out my dream, near the ocean, on the beach!

vagabondette74

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 17th, 2011
puerto escondido is the first place that pops into my mind for mexico. i've not been there myself but all the hippie beach bums seem to love it. :)
Traveling through Mexico and Central America starting in January '09. Hit me up if you want to meet!

cassidy13

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

@ Vagabondette, that is where I learned how to surf! It is a great little beach town. I loved it and want to go back. I was able to stay with a family there and take some spanish classes while learning how to surf...I spent way too much time relearning spanish...next time I want to do more exploring. Oaxaca was also a fun two days.

I see you are in Mexico? What's your story? Thanks for the reply!

*** oh, I just saw that you are from chicago. that is where I'm living right now! and, I'm also a freelance designer. that's so funny. I'm checking out your website now! so inspiring. :D

cassidy13

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

I'm on Couchsurfing too. You're totally doing it right...very cool.

vagabondette74

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Nothing much to my story. I work online and travel full time. Landed in mexico beginning of 2008 for a week and I've been here off and on ever since. Love it down here but still want to travel so my goal is to buy a boat by the end of 2012 and live-aboard while sailing up and down the coast of north/south americas.
Traveling through Mexico and Central America starting in January '09. Hit me up if you want to meet!

Bideshi

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

I'd personally recommend the beaches in El Salvador. There are tourists, but it's not overrun. There is surfing, a relaxed atmosphere, and a lot of young creative sorts starting businesses. Plus it's beautiful! :D

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

Bideshi wrote:I'd personally recommend the beaches in El Salvador. There are tourists, but it's not overrun. There is surfing, a relaxed atmosphere, and a lot of young creative sorts starting businesses. Plus it's beautiful! :D

Also safe, cheap with surfing beaches in the top 10 in the world. 8-)
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

cassidy13

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Excellent to know. Thank you, thank you! Gahhhh, I love these boards.

Return to Around the World and Vagabonding Travel