By using BootsnAll products and services, you help us provide travel guides, stories and this great community! Our resident expert will be posting information about our products and services so you can check 'em out yourself.

Iceland Air, sub $500 tickets

nebratu

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 25th, 2007
Iceland Air has some dirt cheap flights to Reykjavik after summer, under $500 from JFK, under $600 from Washington/Baltimore, didn't check the other US cities, but all similar. http://www.icelandair.com/ it's on orbitz too.

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 25th, 2007
I've flown Minneapolis-Amsterdam roundtrip on Icelandair for $350, about eight years ago. They give you free booze, and the stewardesses are hot.

LostParrot

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 22nd, 2007
Makes me kinda wish I live on the other coast, there are some good deals with them. But to bad the only fly out of east cost airports!

joanw

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 14th, 2007
They used to fly out of SFO last year but for some reason they don't do that anymore. Maybe not enough people booked.

RobinMarie

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 26th, 2007
I flew them a few months ago to stockholm - it was $750 round trip and we chose to stop in iceland on the way back since the price was still the same. We did not however, mean to stay on the way there, but we did b/c the plane was delayed and we wouldn't get on another flight til 1am (it was 9am when we landed)

The flight attendents told us not to worry about connections, becasue they wait in iceland, but they didn't. Other people on the flight said this was typical for the airline (to not be ontime). They did pay for a day room and dinner - but just beware that you can get stranded in icleand due to the limited flights they have each day.

cherie

Librarian Gone Wild

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 14th, 2007
I loved Icelandair! The food I remember was decent--actually, this is weird, but the butter they gave was SO good (and I'm not a huge butter person). I want good butter.

I wouldn't mind being stuck in Iceland.
www.worldofcherie.blogspot.com

Zopa

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 29th, 2007
at age 23, after a year of working at a hostel, i won 2 plane tickets to europe from a radio station via icelandair.

i will always love icelandair. in fact, im going online now to see what their rates are right now.

gosh, it sucks to be paid with dollars these days
Celebrating my 1800th POST!

Papaya

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 30th, 2008
Whoo-hoo!! Iceland is on my RTW itinerary (leaving in a month - eeks!!)

You just saved me some moola.. thanks!

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 27th, 2009
Going to Iceland on Icelandair on the way to London for the start of my RTW in Sept, price was too good to pass up. :D
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Return to BootsnAll Travel Resources