Discuss ways to satisfy your urge to travel without ruining the places we all want to see. Take only photographs, leave only footprints...

internship and job postings?

sonch

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 1st, 2011
Im curious if anyone has made a career in this feild? I am currently studying development and am interested in working with community based tour organizations or NGO's who are focused on tourism its very hard to find leads in this field and would applicate anyones input.

Thanks!
Lost in life

Fluffy_bunny

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 2nd, 2011
Most NGOs are more focused on clean water or human rights or other more important areas of development.

One community based tourism organization, though, is the Swiss run CBT Kyrgyzstan http://www.cbtkyrgyzstan.kg/index.php?lang=en
For tips and storied on Central Asia, the Middle East and Central America, check out my blog
http://joestrippin.blogspot.com

sonch

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 2nd, 2011
thanks,

ya i know im in post diploma course dealing with development now. I was just thinking about working with tourism since its one of my strengths and things like water sanitation and education are funding based and are usally done through set terms. Maybe 3 year projects building schools where the money donated has many limitations and terms tied in. Tourism is a major issue right now whether it be exploiting locals, destroying the environment or adding to the sex trade. It may be as good way to tacle many issues in a sustainable manner using a countries own resources. BTW the link looks great ill follow up thank you so much for your help and if you think or find anything else please let me know! :D
Lost in life

Return to Eco Travel