Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Istanbul Weather in mid-Oct?

redleader

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: August 15th, 2012
We are heading to Istanbul the third week of October ( or maybe not depending on the weather!) and I wanted to see who else has been there during this time and what your experience has been with weather. Reference guides and ave temps reported online only do so much, I want to hear from people that have actually been. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, if that helps as a reference to what I'm used to. I'm hoping for something not too cold. Should I expect rains or require a jacket during the day?

Ddrezner

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 29th, 2012
If I recall correctly, winters in Istanbul can be miserable affairs, though the really bad part doesn't hit until nov-dec.

Still, you will find it cold and wet, though usually not winter jacket territory.

Bring a waterproof jacket that insulates against a cold wind. Wear a sweater, or two, under it.

There can be a week of glorious 70's weather, or 60' weather, then it will plunge to 50 to 40 and miserable, so roll the die and find .

Its a great place to go no matter the weather. The ferry boats have indoor sections, and the doors are closed on the buses, so really, bring a waterproof, windproof jacket, LIGHT winter if possible(50 to 25 fahrenheit), and enjoy.
Tortuga traveller

travel droppings

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 9th, 2012
The hardest part would be having some of everything. It is that fun time of year where it could be a cold morning that gets real warm, then rains at night. Gotta love it though.
Work and Travel Abroad: A few ways I have worked my way around the world
All Ways Australia - Photos and tour reviews from the Outback

Return to Europe Travel