Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Kiwis working under the table

Hawker

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: cash, work, ireland, job, jobs, london, Europe
  • Added on: August 17th, 2009
My mate and i are from New Zealand and currentally living in Ireland but the moneys running out fast, hes a builder with no tools and im a Fire Fighter by trade, and nither of us can find jobs in our chosen professions.

We are now looking into a move into europe, BUT, i dont have a european visa so "technically" cant work.

I was wondering if anyone out there could share some insite into where we are most likely to find "under the table"/cash jobs... we were thinking London or, we had heard that Valencia mite be worth a look.

any advice would help alot

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

If you go to London, you may find a job as a builder. No luck on the Firefighter. That requires a serious vetting, I would imagine. If you take a job as an assistant mechanic, you might make some money. Because you're from New Zealand, England or any commonwealth nation might allow you to stay on a commonwealth visa, IF you are under a certain age. Or so I understand.

Many New Zealanders and Australians go to England to work legally, why not you?
Open your heart, and your dreams will follow

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

Getting a working holiday visa will certainly open up the opportunities for you guys to find work, even if it's not in your chosen professions.

Here is a site that lists all the bilateral working holiday countries Kiwis can get visas for. Ireland is one of those countries.

Complete list: Argentina, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden and the UK.
What makes an Indie traveler? Discuss the Indie Travel Manifesto
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

Return to Europe Travel