What country has the best cuisine? What did you eat that made you sick? What on earth is airline food really made of? Get answers to these burning questions and more in the Food and Travel Forum.

Known Food in your Country

Curt1591

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: March 24th, 2010
:D

Jully

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 14th, 2010
Crab cakes nom nom nom.. :D Must try it someday when will visit Thai.

marrabel

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 28th, 2011
I was born in Ukraine, but now I live in London. So, when I visit my parents I always taste borsch and salo! Do you know such meal? Yummy. It's a pity that I live far from my parents. :D

Ksiu

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 1st, 2011
I know what salo is because my father is from Kharkov. I visited Kiev and people are fond of salo. But, is it consumed fresh or with salt? Can it be fried?

MrPlow42

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 2nd, 2011
Philippines: Lechon Baboy (whole spit roasted young pig), Silvanas (a dessert), grilled half of a Tuna jaw.

America: my mama's fried chicken, NY pizza from a native New Yorker, Sand Dabs in Southern California, Chicken Mole in any neighborhood with a large enough Mexican-American population to have a tortilla factory in a store front shop and a place that sells tamales 7 days a week, Clam chowder at the Crab Cooker in Newport Beach.

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 3rd, 2011
Canada, anything made with real Pure Maple Syrup. :rockout:

The US my fave is Biscuits 'n Gravy. :)

My new home El Salvador, Puposa! 8-)
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Ksiu

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 14th, 2011
I am going to visit Spain next summer. What about the cuisine in this country? What do you know about tasty dishes, guys? :)

wordygirlj

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 14th, 2011
I ate lots of egg sandwiches in Spain. It started when I went to some place and asked for a cheese and tomato sandwich. And they automatically put eggs on it. Sliced up boiled eggs. It was tasty. And fairly cheap.

Weird, I know.

All I know other than that is paella.

Anyway, as for food in my home country--I'm from the US, a Southerner, and let me tell you, down here in the South, we are very particular about our barbecue. Though being vegetarian, I don't eat it. Also, shrimp and grits, which I don't eat, though I do like grits, I just don't eat shrimp. Also buttermilk biscuits, made from scratch. Fried okra. Fried green tomatoes! Mmmmm. Delicious homemade macaroni and cheese, none of that kraft dinner stuff. As for beverages--sweet tea, of course!

braslvr

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 15th, 2011
Hey wordygirlj, the best pulled pork I've ever had in my life was at Mack Kells in Asheville. I ate at least half of my dinners there for weeks. Is it still there?

Ksiu

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 16th, 2011
wordygirlj wrote:I ate lots of egg sandwiches in Spain. It started when I went to some place and asked for a cheese and tomato sandwich. And they automatically put eggs on it. Sliced up boiled eggs. It was tasty. And fairly cheap.

Weird, I know.

All I know other than that is paella.

Anyway, as for food in my home country--I'm from the US, a Southerner, and let me tell you, down here in the South, we are very particular about our barbecue. Though being vegetarian, I don't eat it. Also, shrimp and grits, which I don't eat, though I do like grits, I just don't eat shrimp. Also buttermilk biscuits, made from scratch. Fried okra. Fried green tomatoes! Mmmmm. Delicious homemade macaroni and cheese, none of that kraft dinner stuff. As for beverages--sweet tea, of course!

Many thanks for the help! It will be very useful for me to be aware of this. It sounds tasty!

wordygirlj

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 17th, 2011
braslvr wrote:Hey wordygirlj, the best pulled pork I've ever had in my life was at Mack Kells in Asheville. I ate at least half of my dinners there for weeks. Is it still there?

I believe it is! I've never been, though, just seen it driving by. Vegetarian, so pulled pork isn't really my style :) Glad you enjoyed Asheville, though, or at least the food!

braslvr

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 1st, 2011
I did enjoy Asheville. More than anyplace else I've been on or near the East coast.

Seat24A

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 2nd, 2011
I just moved to Austria and the local specialty is Kartner (Carinthian) Kaseknodel. They are like overgrown ravioli - dumplings stuffed with cheese - but are served with a buttery sauce. My new favorite dish! If you find yourself in this part of the world, order them.

Previous

Return to Food & Travel