Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

Korean Boondoggle

zoomcharlieb

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

Tags: "songdo park", korea
  • Added on: July 7th, 2011
so i missed my connection in Seoul, inc, due fog getting out of Dalian and was going to be stuck there for 24 hours so the next morning as i looked through more fog and pondered what to do, i looked at the possibiltlies local and decided to Walk over to Songdo Park and Canal Walk.
The park advertised as a sculpture park was sort of that all right. it had life sized scenes from the bible spread all over the place, b ut falling down and in disrepair...there Elijah going up to the heavens in his chariot with a horse way up in the air, probably lit up at night, and Abraham about to slice up isacc. In the background was the big monstrosity of a structure with all kinds of animals in front of it, but with the fog at first i didn't realize what it was but ist was a full sized ark. Course there is christ on the cross, the manger scene, i mean this thing went on forever - no people hardly at all, the concession stand full of junk and a lot of it sort of taped off. I wondered what preahcer fleec ed his flock to finance this ..

but lo, it wasn't over. i then went over to this tourist center building qwith the greatest modern architecture, the whole building was empty, - Open, but empty!!!

so i thought, surely the canal walk with it's "340 shops - one and two stories high...retail luxury brand....restaurants, exotic foregin dishes...fashion shows, musci concerts - 740 meters in length - aobut a half mile long" ...i'll go shop there .

but it was almost completely empty except for 2 coffe shops. i went in and saw the menu also had a club house sandwich so i ordered one, but buess what, the were't making sandwiches that day - praobably never had. so i walked back another way , past the large wierd structure, that was half fallen down with a million pdinner plates as it's extderio- another boondoggle. Wonder what teachders retirement fund is invested in all of this ?

Return to Asia Travel