Life's "To Do" List
Anyway, here's a short start:
Climb El Capitan
Paddle the Grand Canyon
Climb a non-commercial route on Ranier
- Hike the Huayhuash circuit in the Cordillera Blanca
- Go *back* to Machu Picchu, hike up Huayna Picchu
- Climb as many of the 7 summits as I possibly can (Kilimanjaro this year, Aconcagua next year, etc...but probably only do Everest Base Camp...I'm thinking realistically here...possibly over the next decade, starting with this year)
- Rock climb all over the world
- A glacier hike somewhere in the world (I missed my opportunity in Franz Josef)
- multi-day kayaking in Alaska, kayaking around the fjords and islands
- Hike the Torres del Paine circuit in Patagonia
- Rappel into an unexplored cave..I guess that would mean I'd have to help dig it, too.
- Hike the Annapurna circuit in Nepal
- Do a multi-pitch climb (right now, my endurance sucks)
- One day be able to climb a 5.12/boulder a V6
-Ride a Motorcycle across Central Africa
-Sit on top of one of the Great Pyramids and watch the sunrise over Cairo
-Watch the Wildebeast Migration in Tanzania
-Raft the Futaleufu River in Peru
-Raft the Grand Canyon for one month alone
-Ride a bicycle from Cairo to Capetown
-Cross the Darien Gap (and come out alive)
-Kayak up the Amazon
-Take the entire TransSiberian Railroad
-Summit Mt. Rainer
-Walk for six months through India
-Explore the jungles or Irian Jaya or Papua New Guinea
-Seakayak in Alaska
-Sail around the entire Mediterranean for a few years
-Visit the Dogon Valley in Mali.
-see summit Mt Kilimanjaro (ok so maybe the Mt Kili part is a recent dream hehe)
-visit Antartica and kayak as well as stand at the geographical south pole
-trek in Nepal and see Mt Everest at BC
-travel by foot/land (short bus rides ok) from my front door to Ushiuia, Argentina.
-camp, hike, trek through the Congo
-travel overland from London to South East Asia
-travel around the entire planet with out using air transportation
-skydive near mountains (not even sure if this is possible)
-hanglide in the fjords of Norway
When the son of the diposed King of Nigeria emails you DIRECTLY asking for help, you help.
Raft the Middle Fork of the Salmon River
Hike to El Mirador and Nakbe in Guatamala
Go on a cattle drive in the Southwest
Scuba Dive the Blue Hole in Belize
The "Great Migration"
anyway, i'm so inexperienced when it comes to these things, so i'm afraid these are a bit 'typical' but here goes..
- summit mt kili (see you guys in dec!)
- summit denali (after rainier or hood as a 'warmup')
- spend at least 6 months in nepal, bhutan (if the budget allows..), tibet, and pakistan (no flying) including trekking to everest and K2 BC's
- skydive in croatia and/or switzerland
- road racing and/or drift school in japan (rotary)
- hack my way through a jungle somewhere
- visit antarctica
- learn to fly a cessna
1) Joey, I skydived in Interlaken, Switzerland in the middle of the Alps over a lake and it was absolutely awesome...I'm also sure there's places in the Rockies or Cascades you could do it.
2) Just a suggestion about Ushuaia...it sucks. Don't stop there. It's pretty easy to get there, go to the docks, and sailboat-hitchhike to port williams (which is the true southernmost city) and do a few days of trekking on the Dientes Circuit which is pretty awesome.
3) Does anyone else have any other whitewater paddling or any mountain biking goals?
1) Thru-hike the Appalachian Trail
2) Horse-pack across Central Asia
3) Spend a year living on the beach
4) See the sunrise from the summit of Mt. Fuji (not a technical accomplishment, but a spiritual one)
5) Learn to play a musical instrument, well
6) Cairo to Capetown overland
7) Lisbon to St. Petersburg on a bicycle
8) Learn a foreign language
9) Learn another one
10) Spend a year teaching English overseas
11) Jump out of a perfectly good airplane, once and only once
12) Make love on all 7 continents and in all 50 states
13) Have a beer and relax
14) Have another one
15) Put another dollar in the jukebox
1. Trek Nepal to include Everest Base Camp.
2. Travel across Mali to Timbuktu.
3. Cross Australia, south to north via Ayers rock, by car.
4. Walk the length of Hadrian's Wall.
5. Visit friends in Poland and then head south accross Eastern Europe to the Adriadic Sea.
6. Visit Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia by bus, train, bicycle, or what ever.
7. Overland from Victoria Falls to the Cape.
8. Rail journey from Beijing to St. Petersburg by way of Tashkent and Samurkand.
9. Spend a few days on my own on Easter Island.
10. Overland to see mountain gorillas in Rwanda.
11. Spend a year on a RTW trip.
Walk with the Penguins in Antartica.
Jeep journey through the least traveled villages in India. Discover India's small artisans living and working in these villages and towns.
Hit the National Parks of India in each of the states as well.
Travel through Pakistan.
"The difference between loneliness and solitude is your perception of who you are alone with and who made the choice." --anonymous quote
Become a mountaineer.
Snowboard every major mountain chain on earth.
Learn to surf... properly.
Ride my bike (not a bike rider) through South America. I think I'll try this next year, why not?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests