Tell us what you think of BootsnAll.com. The good, the bad and the ugly - whatever is on your mind. Let us know what new features and information you'd like to see. Suggest ways we can make the BootsnAll community even stronger. Be honest.

Link's contained in Bootsnall Articles

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 9th, 2011
I often read the articles posted on bootsnall. They are fantastic articles and often are very useful and informative. The issue I have are the link's contained in the articles. When I click on a link provided to me in an article it doesn't open up a new page but takes me directly to the article. I then have to click back to get back to bootsnall's website. My suggestion is that the link's added to the articles on bootsnall open up a page.

Thanks.
Josh has taken his much needed vacation and will be going on another Christmas to New Years 2011/2012. However, before he does read about his past trips http://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

That's a good point, mate. We've struggled with which way to go with it. We've often found that folks prefer to open a new window/tab manually rather than be forced to by the link itself.

While we figure out what to do, you can force the link to open in a new tab using the right-click menu, or holding down the ctrl key when you click on a link if you're on a PC, or hold down the apple/command key if you're on a mac.
Looking for a travel deal? deals.BootsnAll.com
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

Hydro wrote:We've often found that folks prefer to open a new window/tab manually rather than be forced to by the link itself.

+1

Please don't change it. There's nothing more annoying than a new window when I don't want one. With firefox at least, I can force a new tab just by using the middle-click (clicking down on the scroll wheel), which is great.

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 11th, 2011
I guess we can agree to disagree. I happen to think that there is nothing more annoying than having to click back 5 times to get to the site and then open up another link in the article and do the same thing. Also it stinks when you viewing the site on your phone.
Josh has taken his much needed vacation and will be going on another Christmas to New Years 2011/2012. However, before he does read about his past trips http://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

vagabondette74

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Eppyboy wrote:I guess we can agree to disagree. I happen to think that there is nothing more annoying than having to click back 5 times to get to the site and then open up another link in the article and do the same thing. Also it stinks when you viewing the site on your phone.

But that was the point of Hydros post. You DON'T have to click back and forth. You can open the links in a new window by following the instructions he gave you. Then you just close that window/tab and go back to the original article. I'm sure there's a way to do it on the phone too.
Traveling through Mexico and Central America starting in January '09. Hit me up if you want to meet!

Kate and Dan

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

2wanderers wrote:Please don't change it. There's nothing more annoying than a new window when I don't want one. With firefox at least, I can force a new tab just by using the middle-click (clicking down on the scroll wheel), which is great.

I'm with 2wanderers on this — please keep it the way it is!

Return to Feedback, Ideas, Compliments and Complaints