Ask SouthAfricaLogue.com and other SA fans about all the hidden secrets of Cape Town, Jo'burg, shark diving, safaris and many more highlights of South Africa.

Local flights within South Africa? (next year)

wandergurl

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: July 9th, 2009
hi,

I am going to the World Cup 2010 and have "Follow Your Team" Tickets for 4 games which basically means that I will be going to different parts around South Africa to watch them. I was wondering how much the average cost for local flights is, and if anyone can recommend any sites to check out for airlines that fly within the country, and if you'd recommend other forms of transport for 3 girls traveling by themselves.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how much to budget for this?

I don't know where I am going yet because they don't announce the groups until November, and the grouping will determine where I go.I won't be booking flights till then.

Thank you very much!

wandergurl

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

Just read the last post on trains! V. helpful. Still would love info on flights, if people can help. Thanks!

TravelBandit

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Low-cost airlines in SA are :

Kulula
1-Time
Mango (owned by SAA)

Prices typically go up the closer it gets to your travel dates, over SA school holidays (December-January and July), Easter and special events (eg. the World Cup).

Also :

SAA
Comair
SA Express
http://PaulKilfoil.webs.com/Travelogues.htm (travelogues & photos from 1987)

Return to South Africa Travel