Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

Local multi-tour providers

kbcara

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Tags: vietnam, laos, malaysia, burma, single, new years
  • Added on: August 28th, 2012
Hi there

I frequently travel solo (in my 30s) but usually on longer trips.

Am planning maybe a 10 day getaway over NewYears [hate NewYears at home!] and at this time of year think it might be nicer to join a group - assuming some others travelling solo too.

Being used to basic travel I find the prices of organised tours from the UK extortionate especially as they don't include flight - by the time I pay for flight I may as well book a tour(s) with a local company and it'll be far cheaper. However, I usually book stuff spontaneously relying on instinct for trust but as it's New Year I want to plan.

Can anyone recommend any local tour(s) company(ies) in SE.Asia? Not Thailand or Cambodia (done them).

Or indeed any other good New Year plans? Don't need a wild party (not opposed to it either) just a group of travellers enjoying life! And some good food haha.

Thanks for help.

glauxy

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 19th, 2012
This is just a small reference:
- in Vietnam: go with Sinh Cafe ( now The Sinh Tourist)
- in Myanmar, visit http://myanmartours.asia/myanmar-indochina-tours
- In Laos, see http://www.laostours.asia

Return to Asia Travel