Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Tower Bridge... There's no shortage of things to do and see in London!

London attractions

SarahDuvalle

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 28th, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm travelling to London later in the year and just doing some research on what i should do while i am there.
Does anyone have any recommendations on the best things to see? And maybe some that i should avoid that may be a waste of money?

Thanks!

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 28th, 2011
Our London travel guide has a page of things to do to get you started, including free things to do.
Looking for a travel deal? deals.BootsnAll.com
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

heymikey

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 29th, 2011
Check out the link below for a listing of some of London's popular attractions

aviewoncities -- London
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time" -- Fight Club

AsaG

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 31st, 2011
There are lots of things to do and see in London, and you will find lot of valuable info on the websites recommended and other London guide sites.

However, tips from those that been there are always useful but bit tricky as you don't give much details about what you like and dislike. London is relatively expensive so you might want to choose your sightseeing and activities carefully. The most "touristy" one are not necessarily the best one.

The musts for any first time tourist include Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Tower of London. The best way to get an overview of the main sights in London is to take hop on hop off bus.

There are many great museums if you like that kind of things, the Natural History Museum and British Museum are just two great ones (and they are mainly free). If the weather is nice you might enjoy the view from the London Eye.

There are also many nice outdoor markets that are great for browsing and people watching. My favorite one is the Borough Market food market (on Fridays and Saturdays). Covent Garden is popular with tourist so it is a bit touristy but nice. Camden market can also be fun.

Hope you enjoy your visit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.top-travel-tips.com/

Philip_P

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 19th, 2011
Club Row market (Sundays) itself is a bit of a dive, but it's a great area for wandering around. Buckingham Palace is probably a must for most visitors. Parks: I prefer Regents Park to Hyde Park, keep an eye out for the cute squirrels. Camden at the weekend. Not in London but a great daytrip: Brighton.
Check out the Whitsunday Islands when you visit Queensland, Australia

WomanSeeksWorld

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 5th, 2011
I recently put together a list of some quirky and off the beaten path ideas for people visiting London who want to get off the tourist trail and see some of the local haunts!

Check it out at http://www.womanseeksworld.com/my-london-top-50/

Enjoy your trip! :D
Im an Aussie living in London and have written a guide to help others doing the same.
Follow my adventures on the path to becoming a fully-fledged nomad.

Seawitch

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 5th, 2011
We did the 4 hour free walking tour and it covered most of the sights. We got a little history lesson along the way - it was very enjoyable. They'll also give you some tips for your travels, so it's probably best to go on a tour early on in your trip. The best thing about the tour is that if you don't like it, you can just walk away - it doesn't cost you anything. We gave a tip at the end - but our guide was awesome!
http://www.newlondon-tours.com/

Check to see what days the changing of the guard happens before you trek out there.

Hyde Park was beautiful and War Memorial up the road was very moving.

We did a bus tour to Stonehenge and Bath which took a day. Bath is gorgeous!!!!

Benna

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 19th, 2011
well, for me traflagar square is one thing not to be missed, along with it is beg ben, the london tower bridge, the piccadly circus, some old london, westminister abbey, the big wheel where you will get the whole view of london city, a day tour in the double decker london bus is great way to see most of the city without paying much

also not to be missed are the london train and tube experiences as you will get to see and meet lots of interesting people and things, a boat tour into thames, along with it hyde park and buckingham palace which do not cost much. if you have money you can also go to windsor, a mountain area with a place that is just too beautiful and oxford and cambridge, the hub of learning. it all depends what you wish to see and explore.
I love traveling. I am currently working on two websites Dubai Fun Holidays and SwissFunHolidays.com

Return to London Travel