Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Tower Bridge... There's no shortage of things to do and see in London!

London Eye. It,s worth to go?

kanana

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: July 24th, 2007
Hi everybody. I,m living in London and every time I pass next London Eye I want to go and watch all London from the sky, but it,s tooooooooooo expensive.

Do you think it's worth going there, although is only a round??

Thanks a lot,
kanana
visit my podcast of my trip in London:
www.myooch.com/kanana

Squashy

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Hi Kanana,

I went and was pretty excited ... in the end it wasn't a bad experience ... just not an especially exciting one. If I remember correctly it takes a half hour to go around and after a while I was a bit bored. Also, it gets really hot in that big glass pod! I don't regret going because I had the money, but you're probably not missing anything.
Jennifer

www.followjenslife.com

LondonCard2

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

Personally I think its very much worth it.

I've ben up a couple of times and I think its one of teh few things in London really worth paying the money to go and do.

Yes, its expensive but you get some great views as you go around and it sthe only thing in teh City that can really give youa perspecive on just how big London is.

It would be a shame to be thee and not go up, as is my general philosophy on these things. If you're in London and you ahve the opportunity to do it, it would be such a shame to come home having NOT been.

Like I said, of all the things in London that cost a bit of money its one of teh very few I really think is worth the time and effort.

Kathryn M

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

I sorta think that the London Eye is an eyesore. I had planned on never doing it. However, I ended up with a free ticket when I was living there. It was really nice to see a view of London that I would otherwise never see. I'm still not sure that I would pay for it.

Kyle

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

I went the last time I was in London. I wouldn't discourage anyone from doing it, but I didn't think it was anything extraordinarily special.

Jacquie8981

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

I sit and watch it all day long at work - in fact I am watching it right now!! I can't imagine it is worth it - but i haven't been on it so I don't know. Plus you would have to make sure you got it on a clear day - and yea - like Jennifer said - its got to be hot in there with the sun shining on it and it goes soooo slow!!! I don't think its worth the money. Take a boat from Westminster to Greenwich, you see a lot (although not from the air) its cheaper and you actually get somewhere at the end!

marksda1

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Even though I've been to London multiple times, I've never gone on the Eye. I nearly did one time, but the lines to get a ticket were just too much for me and this was in the off season.

The views are supposed to be cool, but I'll settle for the view from the top of St. Paul's. :-)

kanana

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 25th, 2007
Thank very much guys for your replies. There are a lot of different opinions, so I don't know what to do!!! Smile I'm going to stay here three months and I have enough time to think about it. Maybe the next time I pass in front of it I jump the large cue and I enjoy it!!!!! jeje!

Thanks,
Kanana
visit my podcast of my trip in London:
www.myooch.com/kanana

LDK

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 14th, 2007
I was there for three months (kind of like you), and so the last week I was there I went up with some friends at night. I would say it was worth it, because we got a beautiful view and it was nice to reminisce about different places we could point out. I especially recommend it at night, when everything is lit up it's quite beautiful.

Skyehiker

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 29th, 2007
The view is really cool. You get a free guidebook thingy pics that show you what you're looking at.

I believe there's discount offers around the internet for it.

And, if you've got a sizable group of friends in London, you can "rent" one of the capsules.

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. ---St. Augustine

learningtofly

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 30th, 2007
yes it's worth a ride for sure great views! as long as it's not foggy Wink
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/learningtofly/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantfindthec/

moving2london

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 13th, 2008
I think its def worth doing and would book a dusk one. They are a little more expensive but.
I did it with a bunch of friends and we had a good time, but by the end of it i was happy to get off. If its not sunny then it could be a waste of time.

Nick

Bea Scott

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 28th, 2008
yes its worth it! if you don't mind the long lines Frown

DreamerHelen

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 3rd, 2008
I think it's definitely worth it, especially if you're going on a really nice cloudless day where you can see right across London.

I would also love to go at Night but haven't got around to that yet...but it would be awfully romantic to go at Night I think Smile

Yes it IS rather expensive but soooo worth it in my opinion.

Frank Wilson

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 5th, 2010
I would say its really worth it, Chose the right time to go. You will get to see a splendid view of London city.

Next

Return to London Travel