Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Tower Bridge... There's no shortage of things to do and see in London!

Long-term luggage storage in London

chickyabroad

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 1st, 2009
I hope someone here can help me. I'm flying from the US through London to spend a month in India before working in Europe next October. Since I definitely won't need any cold weather clothes in India, I would like to leave a suitcase with some winter clothes in London on the way. I was hoping to leave it with a friend there, but that might not work out.

The company that does the left luggage at Heathrow is insanely expensive (it's about $800 for a month) so I'm wondering if there are any other options, preferably ones that are easy to get to with public transportation and under $100 for a month. A storage facility would be good or even a hostel that lets guests leave luggage for awhile.

Zuleika

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 2nd, 2009
The storage everyone goes for over here is called the Big Yellow and they are everywhere and Im sure you'll find one near the airport or in town etc.
If you go for the smallest space which is 3ft sq. - its around £3-£6 per day.
Its very popular.

http://www.bigyellow.co.uk/
Life is such an adventure, I can't wait to live it some more.

halfnine

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 2nd, 2009
You may consider having it shipped to you once you arrive in London. Air shipping would probably run from $100-150

LoliaK

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 6th, 2009
You should look at some of the Self Storage places, like Big Yellow mentioned above or ABC Self Storage, which I have used.

When looking through the many choices, make sure their location is in central London and that they will let you get to your things at any time of the day. I needed to store some extra luggage in London while I went on a 15-day backpacking trip in Europe so I stored my stuff at ABC Self Storage in South London. ABC was good because it was super cheap (GBP 20 per month pro-rated to GBP 10 for my 15 days) and gave 24 hour access. However, it took about 45 mins to get there on public transport from central London, so I had to factor that time into my plans. You may be able to find other locations closer to central London, but they might cost more. Always make sure that they will let you get to your things at the time of day you need them, or else you will be in trouble.

http://www.abcselfstore.co.uk/ I used the Southwark.
“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” - Maya Angelou

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

peters1977

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 1st, 2011
Hi there, as previously mentioned a lot of people use the well known brands like Big Yellow but dont just use them because they are the best known. Chose a company that meets your needs.

If you look about there are lots of smaller companies who do just as good a job and at better rates. I use storage-units.co.uk and have never had a problem, plus they do free collection. They don't have 24hr access though so if thats important look elsewhere.

Once you get some quotes play the companies off against each other to get a better deal, they will usually come down if they know you've been in touch with a competitor.

Cheers and good luck.
I always use storage london to store my goods when travelling.

Return to London Travel