A forum for meeting other BootsnAll members on the road, finding travel partners and splitting the costs of a road trip. Also a place to search for long-lost road friends.

Looking to meet solo travelers in Greece September 14-28

GipsyGirl

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: August 22nd, 2010
I'm a 40 year old female traveling solo in Greece in Sept. 14-28 and would love to meet up with some other solo travelers along the way to share a drink or a meal, an excursion, and trip experiences. I will arrive in Athens on Sept. 15 and stay a day or so and then head off to the islands. At this point I have no set itinerary, but contact me and maybe we can work out a meeting date and place.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rosa

scarlet12

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 7th, 2010
Hi Rosa. I saw your posting. What a coincidence... I'm a 41-yr old female travelling to Greece solo for almost 2 weeks. I arrive in Santorini on February 18 and will be there a few days. Then I plan to visit a couple of nearby islands and end up in Athens for the trip home. It would be great to meet up for drinks, food, some sight-seeing, exploring! Have you worked out your itinerary yet?

Happy travels:-)

GipsyGirl

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Dear Scarlet:

Hello. Thanks for your reply. Yes, my itinerary is as follows:
Sept. 16-19 Santorini;
Sept. 19-23 Crete;
Sept. 23 Athens for one night;
Sept. 24-27 Tel Aviv, Israel (a new development);
Sept. 27-30 Athens;
Sept. 30 - fly back to U.S.

any potential to meet up in Santorini, Crete or Athens? let me know - it would be fun!

scarlet12

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Hi Rosa!

I'm still trying to nail down some details of the itinerary, but here's the plan:

Sept 18-22- Santorini (this is locked in)
Sept 22-26- Ios hopefully
Sept 26-27- Naxos maybe
Sept 28-30- Athens
Sept 30- Depart Athens, early a.m. (locked in)

Maybe we can meet in Santorini on Sept 18 (Saturday)? My flight arrives there around noon if all goes as planned, and I'm staying in Fira. I'm thinking it would be fun to meet for dinner and stroll around and/or people watch. Also, Athens might work as well. I'm still working out the details there.

Glad to make your virtual acquaintance!

GipsyGirl

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Sure, we can try and meet up on the 18th. I will be staying at a pensione that is about 4 kilometers from Fira. If you're comfortable with giving this information, please tell me a bit about yourself. Where are you from? What is your first name? Have you done a lot of solo travel? Any particular reason for the solo travel to Greece, other than it's an amazing place! I understand if you don't want to give too much info over this public forum. I wasn't sure how much info to give myself. Glad to make your virtual acquaintance also! I'm very excited about my trip and I hope we can meet up!

Rosa

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

you guys could always PM each other with info you don't want on the board for all to see

scarlet12

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Thanks, Mama-to-many! I agree and will use PM now.

Hazard

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 17th, 2011
hi,
I was planning on climbing MT Olympus sometime in the fall. If it works out, we could meet?
Joe

GipsyGirl

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 17th, 2011
Joe,

My post was from September last year so I've already taken my trip. Mount Olympus sounds great! Good luck and I hope you have a safe and wonderful climb!

Rosa

Return to Travel Buddies