A place for geezers, grey hairs, and oldies to discuss independent travel. Reminisce about travel in the days before Lonely Planet and discuss issues applicable to the mature traveller.

Love being retired

Jeanie99

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 4th, 2009
My husband and I have a passion for travel we returned from our 12 month rtw trip last June and are now off again for 4 months travelling round Europe. We are not 5* travellers, we camp and sleep in our car enjoying the thrill of seeing all the different countries and wouldn't change anything.
I just so love being retired, the freedom to do whatever you want.
Jean :)

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 17th, 2009
I will second that, just finished a solo 6 month trip of Mexico, Central America & Cuba less than a month ago. Picked upthe tickets last week for my year long RTW starting in Sept in London which will be followed by 3-4 months in travelling Europe, Egypt & Moroco by train. :D
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

AsiaBill

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 9th, 2009
We have LOVED being semi-retired since 1985 when we were 30 years old but it's NOT for everyone as each day we wake up we're free to do most anything we feel like doing. Some people find living without structure and routine difficult and stressful. I gues the saying,"Different strokes for different folks" applies.
Feel FREE to ask us questions about living, relocating & traveling in the Philippines; learn more by visiting our website.

Return to Still Going...