Discussion forum for folks interested in climbing Africa's highest mountain.

mar tours and safaris, who used them?

SAPMonkey

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: September 27th, 2010
Anyone use this company? the post i have seen about them all say good things, but they also all look like they were written by the owner drumming up business for himself.

Cbeats

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 28th, 2010
I'm also trying to decide between Mar and a few other companies that are slightly more expensive. Anyone out there have any experiences, good or bad, with Mar?

Also anyone have any suggestions about how to pay a deposit, in terms of credit card (not offered by everyone), bank transfer, Western Union, etc.

Thanks!

SAPMonkey

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 8th, 2010
I was able to get in touch with some Mar customers and based on that conversation I'm sticking with them for my climb next month. Will write up a report when I gaet back in January.

SAPMonkey

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 12th, 2011
I just came back from the climb. Made the summit. The company and the service were good. Nothing fancy, but also nothing that made us feel uncomfortable. Ping me if ou want more details, but I would give Mar a thumbs up.

MA_Hiker

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 10th, 2011
Hi SAPMonkey, thanks for posting your feedback. I'm considering using MAR and wanted to get more details. Sent you a PM. Thanks!

Boy10

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 4th, 2011
Sap monkeys, did you take water bottles or use camelback / platypus water systems.

Any advice either way ?

Thank you.

Ryan Lucas

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 6th, 2011
I'm not sure how good/bad Mar tours is but I climbed Kilimanjaro in January of 2011 and booked through northstarexplorers.com and had a great experience. They were able to work with my schedule and customize a trip for me. Prices, drivers, hotel, guides/porters were all great and I would definitely recommend using them. Hope I helped!

Here's the website- http://www.northstarexplorers.com

Return to Mt Kilimanjaro