Tell us what you think of BootsnAll.com. The good, the bad and the ugly - whatever is on your mind. Let us know what new features and information you'd like to see. Suggest ways we can make the BootsnAll community even stronger. Be honest.

Meet the Moderators

JessieS

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

Tags: moderator geek squad
  • Added on: December 22nd, 2006
Moderators are the people that help us at BnA keep the boards in tip-top rockin shape.

Moderators keep an eye out for spam, member-bashing, incorrect placement of topics and help with general 'board maintenance.' Moderators have the power to move and delete threads and individual posts. They can also edit other people's posts. Moderators will edit or delete posts that have incorrect links, defamatory remarks or that violate our posting guidelines, code of conduct or terms of service. Moderators can 'moderate' most of the forums on BnA. They'll contact you if they have edited or deleted your post and tell you the reasons why.

Moderators are selected by BnA staff based on their contributions to the boards and fair manner. Any issues with moderators can be brought up with Community Manager Jessica (jessica at bootsnall dot com). Community members can bring up issues with other members by contacting the Community Manager, any of the moderators or other BootsnAll staff members.

At the moment (January 2012), we don't currently have any active Mods on the BootsnAll boards. Do you want to change that? Do you think you have what it takes to be on the Mod Squad? Let Jessie know!
The Official BootsnAll Italy Travel Guide
Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

Kate and Dan

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 4th, 2010
Hey guys — just wondering if the 'report a post' feature is working. I've been taking the time to report posts and accounts that are spammy — just wondering if the features working or not. There seems to be an increase in thread necromancy lately. I've seen posts long dead suddenly come back to life!

busman7

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 14th, 2010
Will be arriving in Portland tomorrow, Thurs July 15 at 12:50, staying at the AAE Banfield hostel.

Any chance of a meet with Chris or anyone??

Taking Amtrak to Vancouver the next morning.

Dave
"Being normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must be" unknown

Lucky Luke

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 8th, 2011
Jessie,

Who are the mods these days?
Static and Skobb haven't been online since September, Slip since May 2009!
AJV was on at start of Feb but surely the boards requre more active participation/monitoring than that..?

Would be nice to know who's keeping everything ticking over :)

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

Mostly just me these days, mate. There are several members who are great at helping police the boards by flagging inappropriate posts which I review every now and again and weed out the spammers (and anyone can do it). Thankfully we don't have much in the way of trolls or folks looking to pick a fight so there's less need of the moderation we used to have.
What makes an Indie traveler? Discuss the Indie Travel Manifesto
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

Lucky Luke

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

...All by yourseeeelf, don't wanna be all by yourself, anymore...

True, I guess there isn't the same level of chatter/debate on contentious topics as you'd see a few years back. Maybe time to un-sticky that post!

Wild Jasmyne

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 16th, 2011
I have a bone to pick. On the Africa board description it mentions quite clearly the "dark continent." I spent a semester in a class researching subtle racist remarks and this was one of the bigger ones we discussed. I think this term is outdated and insulting, despite it's prevalence world-wide. I'm not suggesting anyone on here is racist, not BootsnAll as a whole, I just think there about a million other ways to describe Africa without having to use this term. ...Just saying.

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 16th, 2011
Easily fixed, mate. I've updated the description.
What makes an Indie traveler? Discuss the Indie Travel Manifesto
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

Return to Feedback, Ideas, Compliments and Complaints