Research visa restrictions, safety issues and the best way to pick a guide in the Middle East. Learn about the countries beyond the media hype and discover why the people make the place.

Middle East Recommendations and Raves

jacabjacab

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: September 15th, 2007
Hello,

Last year I went to Icmeler Turkey for my honeymoon. I got there decent weather and all thing like luxury rental cars, and stars hotel and lot of beautiful places for visit, so I will recommend to all for this place that want to go for holiday...

Cheers..

jacabjacab,
Icmeler Hotels

rickiet

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 20th, 2007
Sadly I've only been to Egypt in the Middle East but I would recommend it to anyone. What an amazing place, the size of the Pyramids and Abu Simbel for example live up to all expectations. The culture is superb and the people are exceptionally friendly. If people rave about other places more than Egypt then I gotta start broadening the horizon. Keep adding them to the list and ticking them off as quick as possible.
For must know pre travel Egypt info please visit http://www.princeofegypt.co.uk

joexplore

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 26th, 2008
quote:
Originally posted by jacabjacab:
Hello,

Last year I went to Icmeler Turkey for my honeymoon. I got there decent weather and all thing like luxury rental cars, and stars hotel and lot of beautiful places for visit, so I will recommend to all for this place that want to go for holiday...

Cheers..

jacabjacab,
Icmeler Hotels

I'm on my trip, leaving pukhet thai. I made a hotel reservation in Jerusalem with Hotels Israel. Any suggestion to get the lowest airfare.

tsftd

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 13th, 2008
Israel:

+1 for Massada; I recommend you stay in Arad, a little town very close to both Masada and the Dead Sea. There is a hostel there that the Birthright Israel trips stop at, so at night you can even hang out with them (both passengers and guides), which was one of the best things I did. There is direct bus service Tel Aviv -> Arad but it doesn't leave often so you may want to go Tel Aviv -> Be'er Sheba -> Arad.

Egypt:

The most important thing to remember in Egypt is that bribery (baksheesh/bakshish) can get you anywhere. I bribed my way into the pyramids before opening (right about sunrise), WITH a horse to ride, and paid the same for that as a regular admission price. At the Cairo museum, I was able to bribe my way into some of the back rooms to see stuff that was not currently on exhibit. Also, cigarettes are an invaluable tool; police, security, and just about everyone else will help you if you walk up, offer them a cigarette, and smoke with them.

Previous

Return to Middle East Travel