Ask SouthAfricaLogue.com and other SA fans about all the hidden secrets of Cape Town, Jo'burg, shark diving, safaris and many more highlights of South Africa.

Month in SA...cant wait but worried bout daily spend...help!

Teddybug

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: July 6th, 2009
Hiya

Im originally from south africa but left several years ago when my family moved to the uk, Im now taking a month to go with my boyfriend and see the rest of my family and do a lil travelling around (Jo'burg -> Durban -> Cape Town).
I wondered if anyone could give me a rough current idea of what it will cost per day for food, accomodation and general sending. Not including flights and baz bus travel. I imagine we will live cheaply but not so that our holiday suffers, as we enjoy eating local food and doing activities.

Any help would be welcome =)
Thanks x

tc_seb

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 7th, 2009
Hi there,

dorms: R100+-
groceries: check Pick n' Pays website (online shopping will give you an overview on prices)
restaurants: check eg. dining-out.co.za Burger & Chips is usually between 30-50R
beer: six pack - 6-8R/bottle, pub/club - 15R+-

Seb
TravelComments.com - Southern African online travel guide, tours, flights & more!

GoBackpacking

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 12th, 2009
I spent 2 months traveling on the Baz bus from Cape Town to Jo'burg, plus 5 days on a Kruger Park trip. You can see my expenses on this spreadsheet - http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... Sphh2RFlTg

Overall, I found the quality of hostels to be the best I've experienced in a country.

My biggest issue with cost was the low value of the Rand vs. US Dollar. I bought a whole new wardrobe of clothes...especially surf brand stuff when in Jeffrey's Bay :D

Return to South Africa Travel