Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Most direct way to get to Tarifa from the US

redleader

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 4th, 2012
I'm interested going to Spain and visiting Tarifa with the intent of crossing the Strait of Gibralter to Tangiers. There are lots of articles and posts on how to do the crossing, but I'd like to know what the best way to get to Tarifa. I know there are not airports or train stations in Tarifa, so it'll have to be by bus. Is there a nearby city that I can fly into and then take the bus to Tarifa? It seems like flying into Madrid would be a real far bus ride from Tarifa. Ideas?

Thanks!

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 5th, 2012
Madrid is the cheapest option, but you can also fly to Lisbon (slightly closer), Malaga (much closer), or Gibraltar (very close, but also very expensive). From Madrid, you could also get a high speed train to Malaga or Seville (Cadiz is a bit closer, and is supposed to be connected sometime in 2012), then continue by bus.

Depending on how time available, budget, and what you want to see fit together, the extra cost of flying further south, maybe even just flying straight to Morrocco, might be worth it to you.

redleader

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 5th, 2012
Yes, I noticed that as well, that flights to Gibralter are very very expensive!

It looks like getting to Tarifa will involve at the least, a flight and bus. Thanks for your help!

Daphne Roseque

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 2nd, 2013
Definitely true. Madrid is the best option and then find accommodation that will suit your taste as well as your budget.
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step, Your Travel Guide "Simply Madrid"

Return to Europe Travel